[Tournament] 19XX: Ace 4 - Tournament in progress!

You stuck with Rook against a known BBB player.

You were already dead.

8 Likes

omae wa mou shindeirook

11 Likes

Just a quick announcement - I mistakenly set the round 2 deadline at July 8th, which is only 1 week. Iā€™m going to change that to July 15th, so that round 2 also allows for 2 weeks to schedule matches. Apologies for any confusion.

1 Like

Xiba vs @snoc
:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :valerie:
Ggs mate. I always have wanted cards in hand and made power-up many times at the 4th round.
Details may be shown by snocā€™s fantastic video.
Good luck next time!

4 Likes

Too kind :wink:

Val-Arg kind of sucks and Iā€™m way out of practice with her. Hopefully I get more than 4 more games in the lower bracketā€¦

3 Likes

imho val vs arg is not that bad, quite the contrary. but maybe is just me, since i am a grave/val main i face arg so often that i know the mu inside/out.:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 -3 Three Headed Monkey

:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :grave:
:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :vendetta:
:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :vendetta:
:argagarg: :knockdown: :psfist: :grave:
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :grave:
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :grave:
:onimaru: :psfist: :knockdown: :grave:

ggs THM! Our sets are always exciting, and this was no exception! Good luck in the rest of the event!

7 Likes

Iā€™m practicing val too but I just chose arg in the last match lol

2 Likes

Flargle so close! It was definitely a mistake to switch to Vendetta. I think that he works well against Arg but I just donā€™t have the right experience using him.

2 Likes

sharpobject 4-1 @Ivan

:gloria::psfist::pschip::grave:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::midori: I think I died in 6 combats.
:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori: How do I play this guy???
:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg: For a long time I was at range and couldnā€™t actually play enough damage to race against curse without losing range. So that was awkward. Luckily I managed to lose range and then guess right.

Good games!

2 Likes

@Juushichi advances over FaceOnMars by TO decision.
@thehug0naut advances over Request by TO decision.

1 Like

The deadline for winners round 2 and losers round 1 remains Sunday, July 15.

19XX: Ace 4
One-Loss Bracket, Round 1

Mystic Deadman vs. @CarpeGuitarrem

:chibilum::psfist::pschip::chibionimaru:
:chibilum::psfist::pschip::chibiargagarg:

Final Score:

MD 4-0 CarpeGuitarrem

Of note: Game 2 ended on an exact 19 Health Blackjack. Lum 7s were used in an attempt to bait out Arg Ts, to no avail. Arg was only able to activate BS 1 time all set.

And I was ready to switch to Gwen on first loss. lul

GGs d00d, and good luck to you in future events!

9 Likes

Did Lum get throws added in a recent patch? Honest question.

9 Likes

I think they were added, like, 2 minutes before our set.

8 Likes

Zqxx v @MR75
4-2

:midori::psfist::pschip::grave:
I somehow manage to win without even drawing a single 2* (despite working through 2/3 of my deck) and only spinning a single dragon card. Some times, some crimes.

:midori::pschip::psfist::grave:
He got a library card, learned to read, and downloaded my range. I donā€™t stand a chance.

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::grave:
A fish emerges from the water. MR75 has the BBQ ready, however, and I couldnā€™t handle the heat.

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::grave:
Getting Bubble Shield up is a really good tactic, as it turns out.

Exciting set with a lot of tense games! Very enjoyable and well-played on both sides.

8 Likes

I lost to Xiba 2-4, Jaina vs Setsuki
Jaina
Setsuki
Setsuki
Jaina
Setsuki
Setsuki

4 Likes

The last round if donā€™t say that you think I would attack more like first five turns, I was supposed that you give up!
Ggs mate.
The last round :jaina: chose block and one dodge about 6 to 7 turns! And luckily I had many throws and win all in these turns! And I was worried if he will use her innate to kill me in 3 turns. However, her hand is not so good that I finished the game a few turns later.
Good luck next time.
And maybe a short tip for you - I see that you didnā€™t like to use Unstable power and this makes me more comfortable. So next time when you use Jaina maybe use more unstable power to give opponent more pressure.

1 Like

I watched this match to see what happened. You threw alot. When the throws got the most egregious, you was in that weird Setuski 3-4 card hand area (note: you also threw after speed of the fox). This is an area where Sets typically dodges into K, Q attacks, or throws to get out of her hand. I can see why he blocked. Block beats 2/3 of those options. If he wins those combats, he can apply some pressure to a low/bad hand Setsuki. Those decisions were very conservative. They were not bad.

I also wanted to point out that Juu responded to your query about his blocking by explaining that he wanted to build hand and you had an attack heavy range in the prior games. This happened to be one of those times that you shifted gears to defeat your opponent. This is a very satisfying way to win. Good job.

4 Likes

Yeah thanks for your analysis.

1 Like