Summer Smash IV

…What did you expect? :wink:

6 Likes

To be fair, that sentiment can be felt anytime Gwen, Menelker, Grave or Jaina are in play.

4 Likes

Now I want to watch a 2v2 battle with those characters.

4 Likes

I recently played Copper in casuals with Sets vs Menelker. It took me three brutal losses to realize that Copper didn’t know where the throw button was located and if he has a Q, then you better respect it. He won the casual set 4-2 fittingly with a Deathstrike Dragon (hey, he found the throw button).

11 Likes

Oh, he knows where the throw buttons are. He just doesn’t use them until the time is right.

4 Likes

Ivan vs Emaron - Loser’s bracket
:lum::psfist::pschip::grave:
:lum::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:midori::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:midori::psfist::pschip::grave:
:midori::psfist::pschip::grave:
Ivan 4 : 1 Emaron
Thanks for the good set, mate. Was fun to play with you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jengajam 4 - 1 Castanietzsche
:troq: > :quince:
:troq: > :quince:
:troq: < :persephone:
:zane: > :persephone:
:zane: > :troq:

3 Likes

Fusxfaranto 4 - 1 snoc

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: I was down at 15 health with nary a scratch on snoc, but I somehow managed to turn it back around.
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: snoc finally draws a few Qs.
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: Revenge of Rook.

GGs snoc, sorry about the scheduling difficulties.

Also, I can’t help but notice that the last 3 tournament matches I’ve played have been against Setsuki alone. I’m starting to get a little concerned…

5 Likes

no jokers after half my deck vs gwen damage qq

The classic Rook King into King into King opening. I didn’t expect the 3rd but would have been too embarrassing to play into it.

No worries about scheduling problems, was down to me as much as you. I did think about a switch to Gloria but my brain’s still a bit fried and I didn’t trust my laptop battery to last more than some super fast games. No video this time since I’m still not back home yet.

3 Likes

@Jengajam

@ratxt1 has been highly unresponsive over the past two weeks (and have not), and we’ve reached the deadline. Do I win by default now?

I appreciate the words, MD, but I haven’t won a tournament set since 19xx. My judgement of when the time is right has been off lately.

Q EVER ONWARDS

6 Likes

I did and then he won round 2 with a throw!

5 Likes

Next level thinkums.

8 Likes

no, I refuse

3 Likes

3 Likes

can’t stop won’t stop

5 Likes

(Full disclosure: I’m OK with this. I just saw a chance to use a meme.)

3 Likes

I don’t seem to be able to edit my first post anymore, so here’s the current bracket.

11 Likes

Niijima-San vs. MR

:chibivalerie: :psfist::pschip: :chibigrave: x 4

All games were ones of attrition, ending with both competitors tired and wounded.

5 Likes

Hmmmm…
Heavily defeated… 4-0 no mercy!

Sincerely some round I thought I had some chance, but on the decisive choice, you picked always right one!
That’s the difference between a pro and an amateur!

It was fun anyway! GL in the rest of the tourney

Now down to the loser bracket!

5 Likes