Summer Smash IV

Midna (Fluffiness) 4-2 Wonder Red (@UTRALAW)

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::troq:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::troq:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

GGS.

5 Likes

VengfulPickle 1 - 4 ClanNatioy

:rook: < :bbb: the run back was close to real
:vendetta: > :bbb:
:vendetta: < :bbb:
:vendetta: < :bbb:
:setsuki: < :bbb:

I think that’s how things went down. good set Pickle. Unfortunately Pickle was hosed by lack of jokers. Don’t remember much else about the set bo7 BBB is mind melting.

4 Likes

SirHandsome VS CarpeGuitarrem

:gloria: > :onimaru:
:gloria: > :quince:
:gloria: > :quince:
:gloria: > :rook:

4 Likes

Hello again, insignificant humans! It is I, GUNDHAM TANAKA, master of all realms, here to wreak cataclysmic destruction on your hopes of winning this temporal tournament!

However, I must say I’m feeling a little insulted at this point. My first opponent was just a frog, but this time, I was asked to do battle with a mere truck pump! (@bob199)

But, duty is duty. Besides, when everyone is so lowly compared your own greatness, is there really any difference between insignificant humans and inanimate objects?

So, I agreed to meet my opponent, and we began our battle. The pump decided to begin by sending a beast to hunt me down.

AHAHAHAHA!

Truly, he had no idea his opponent was the one and only Gundham Tanaka, Super High School Level Breeder! Taming the hulking, bulking barbarian was mere child’s play for one such as I!

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::troq:

Unfortunately, I did not realize just how crafty, and just how depraved, the pump truly was. When it saw that no fauna on earth could approach my skill, he summoned the avatar of darkness, the incarnation of evil, the embodiment of earthly sin herself.

I fought back. It was a terrifying clash that threatened to tear the world asunder, like the unyielding duel between angel and devil! Though I managed to maintain an upper hand at first, she used the darkest magics to kick me down.

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::gloria:

For a moment, I feared all was lost…

AHAHAHA!

Just kidding! Did you truly think even one as terrible as she could compete with the godly greatness that is I? Never!

Instead, I channeled all my training and struck back with a ninja’s surgical skill!

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::gloria:

The pump was truly fearing for its sinful life at this point. While I commend the pump’s endless drive to survive, I could not afford to show mercy.

As I approached it to end this meaningless charade, it revealed its true, draconian form! Unfortunately for it, dragons are among the lowest order of beasts I have dealt with.

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::midori:

And with that, another puny existence ends.

I hope I’ve made my power clear enough at this point. All of you can concede right now and award the tournament title to me. It’ll just save everyone a lot of time.

[details=Normal Match Summary]Zqxx v @Bob199
4-1

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::troq:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::midori:

Good games!

I must say that I was nervous for this match, and when he counter-picked with Gloria, I may or may not have been audibly cursing out Gloria’s very existence for the entirety of those two games. The unexpected win in the first Gloria game was, at least, cathartic.

Also, I continue to feel bad for resorting to Setsuki, but… #playtowin. :confused:[/details]

11 Likes

Was Bob’s character in the last round Setsuki or Midori?

Midori. Sorry. I’ll edit it.

Phrawger vs FaceOnMars, Loser’s Round 1
Frogger 4 :: Boz 2
Ribbit.

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: Blox, no dragon form. Starting life total is very relevant when you can get thrown a bunch in the early game and still come back. Believe this one ended with Gwen succumbing to her illness.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: Blox AND dragon form. I got all four 2’s. A Q in to exact it.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen: Hey, sometimes, Q’s, and you never land your Ks. Right??
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen: Oh god. Oh god. We’re all going to die.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: I won this match with DSD but I fouled up my first attempt awfully. Tried to dodge into it but as I did I noticed two 10s in my hand… and a Joker in the discard. Oof. I could have just won. Instead I had to pitch a 9 throw into the Joker. Still dodged into it later but I coulda run that better.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: Opened strong with a bonecracker, lost a lot of combats but won in a nail-biter.

Good games, Face. Very fun set.

Ribbit.

8 Likes

Very, Very fun set! Glad I made you work for it. Thanks to IamNobody for streaming. (I don’t remember why I played Chains of Ice instead of Burnbarrow. Maybe your twitch will refresh my memory.)

Finally, I chose Boz from Omikron: The Nomad Soul, to pay homage to David Bowie whose likeness and songs were used in the game. It looks like it was a pretty bad game, but in a small way, exemplified the breadth and depth of an outstanding career. I will forever miss not being able to experience the “next” album.

7 Likes

mi-go hunter (A2) vs tcby (Karin Kanzuki), Losers Bracket

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

The games were all quite close, with the last one leaving me at a nice 1 hp. GGs!

I may have been defeated before, but I will not rest until every last machine is destroyed.

7 Likes

YOU WIN…BUT YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED!!! I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!!

(ggs, Gloria really forces me out of my comfort zone!)

3 Likes

CKR over @flagrantangles 4-2

All :zane:vs :valerie:
ggs.

6 Likes

Which games did flagrantangles win?

Game 2 & Game 4

GutterOwl beats @ThreeHeadedMonkey 4-1!

:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::degrey:
:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::degrey:
:onimaru::knockdown::psfist::degrey:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::degrey:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::zane:

First match was a hell of a comeback. Almost perfected me down to 16 life, but then I started to sync to 3HM’s rhythm. Heck, every match I won except the second one was a total comeback. Good games, dude.

Well, I think it’s a good sign

Yeah?

[details=Summary]Sure. I mean, from your perspective, the whole traumatic episode started with your nightmares, yes?

Uh huh

With similar trappings to this dream, right? You have a lucid dream, a cosmic being appears, it threatens you with a hole in the universe that means to consume everything you care about…

Yeah. And like, it felt
~REAL, you know? The way the other dreams felt.
But, uh, except for
I mean

The cosmic horror being a bright blue cartoon man?

God it sounds so stupid
Like he was even like 2D and everything
Like a piece of cardboard
And he was dressed like I dunno
Like he was about to tie me to some train tracks
And like making big evil speeches and everything!

Well, that’s my point
I think your subconscious is taking this awful memory
And remaking it into something ridiculous and small and manageable
Something you can defeat

Yeah like. There was a fight and everything. And I was even like a cartoon damsel in distress for like a bit
And then I was like
Oh yeah
I have a baseball bat
And then I just effed the dude up

Exactly
Basically, I think it means you’re coping. And that’s good!
I think it means the whole episode is losing power over you.

Huh.

Hey, thanks Angus. You’re really good at this.
I can see why Greg is totally stupid for you.

Oh
Uh
Heh
Thank you.[/details]

6 Likes

*scribbles notes
counter…pick…Carpe…with…:chibigloria:

4 Likes

Fivec 4-2 kenkakuknight

Setsuki > Midori
Setsuki < Midori (crazy comeback!, guessed right like 6 times in a row)
Setsuki < Midori (another comeback! Tilted Fivec incoming…)
Setsuki > Midori
Setsuki > Midori
Setsuki > Midori

Ggs. I felt like I was being read like a book for those comeback games.

4 Likes

Gotta be a little crazy to have a good comeback :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Video content deleted and moved to video thread. If you want to take back your "like"s feel free.

4 Likes

In text-form for anyone (cough mysticjuicer cough),
Fivec > scymrian 4-0
Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Menelker

ggs Fivec!

4 Likes

Oh snap this is the wrong topic. I could have sworn this was the video topic