[Series] Monocolor Matchup Madness 1! Sign up today!

There isn’t supposed to be a rock paper scissors here, the codex should have the answers that can be teched in for any given matchup.

1 Like

Outside of black/blue it isn’t really certain how the MU’s are, which is the whole point of this thread.

3 Likes

Personally I think this is more to do with individual player skill/style. The number of times I’ve been playing the “better deck” against people on this forum, and been trounced by their “cool idea” is stupidly high (and it is a sign of how awesome codex is). I am really struggling in the Green vs Red matchup. Do I think that Green vs Red is heavily Red favoured? No, I just think my style/approach is flawed (I am much more of a combo/tempo player so green’s answers to various strats are not coming to me easily, and I do come across one, I am executing it wrong half the time, so it still doesn’t work). I am far more of a purple player, and their mindset/strategies come much more naturally to me. It’s when I look at the purple/blue match up and go “That’s not what I would do”, that makes me think of these, as codex’s strength of the multiple ways to play each colour mean that I think that the players skill with a colour/matchup is several orders of magnitude more important then the matchup (the only point that makes me think otherwise is the @ericF @zhavier White vs Green.)

4 Likes

I am at times a good player, but I would say most of the time I am a terrible player. The only reason I give any credence to white vs green having an imbalance is that ericf also had trouble as green player 2.

Otherwise, I 100% agree with shadows assessment of player skill and mindset having a big impact here.

1 Like

I agree with that, actually. I’m particularly inexperienced compared to all of you and I’ll-equipped to deal with Jaidel though I’m slowly getting better. It’s a feature of MMM though, even if all players were better and more experienced than me you’d have specific player styles because we have people dedicated to match ups rather than collecting data from lots of different people playing the same match ups.

Lot of match-ups are not started yet.

Does anyone want to join?

I’ll be game to try another after Bob and I finish black and white, I encourage others to try this though it’s been a lot of fun for me at least!

1 Like

Black vs. White is in its last game, while every other match has yet to leave warm ups. Looks like everybody needs a reminder =b

2 Likes

They have been terrific matches to watch

3 Likes

Thanks @petE :slight_smile: We definitely do need more movement from folks though! Otherwise Bob and I are going to have a lot of matchups to work through :open_mouth:

2 Likes

@Shadow_Night_Black @YoungBuck @EricF @zhavier @Penatronic @Jadiel @holytispon, friendly reminder to everyone that signed up for a series that while there’s no official time limit on these matches, they won’t get done unless they get started eventually :wink:

@Way I see you’re unpaired for Red vs Black, I’ll take the black side and start us a warm-up thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Shadow_Night_Black I don’t think I’ll make the trough another 10 game series, can we make our warm up the real deal?

I think @ericf and I basically played out our white/green matchup, though I guess they werent marked as being the official 10 matches.

@zhavier If you want it to count, I’m game, just please link the start of each game in the spreadsheet so it’s easy for folks to look back on how each match played out from an archival perspective, and mark the winners

@YoungBuck and @Shadow_Night_Black, same as I told Zhav, if you both want it to count I think that’s fine, just mark the start of each game in the spreadsheet with the respective winners

Sure, though I think we did more then 10 matches (by a quick estimation we did about 20 games), and since we basically did long winning streaks each, where we start/end the official matches is gonna drastically change the result (I think we could manipulate it anywhere from a 5-5 series to a 9-1 if we wanted to). It seems the matchup revoles around green figuring out Red’s strat, and applying the appropriate counter (Tech 2 Balance rush against Hero heavy pressure, Ferocity + Huntress/token spam against early Blood Tech 2, T2 aggression against T3 gunship rush etc). Which is why our games were also so one sided, either I had a counter, or I did not.

EDIT: I did the count and put a summery at the end of the series, it was 12 games (7-5 in red’s favour) but all the wins were in streaks, so I don’t know what that says about the matchup…)

1 Like

I think we still need to play through the “green goes first” games?

1 Like

I’d just assume count the first two games as the “warm-ups”, though I think you won both @Shadow_Night_Black? Which would end up making it 7-3 red

Hopefully I can kick this off after work. @Shadow_Night_Black taking up Green vs Purple

2 Likes

sweet, feel free to start the thread when your ready!

1 Like