[Series] Monocolor Matchup Madness 1! Sign up today!

@Bob199

Sorry, I think I was overzealous in signing up to do White vs Purple - I’m struggling to keep up with the games I’ve got. Hopefully you can find someone else to play the purple side!

2 Likes

I’ll take the purple side, it’ll be nice to return to my roots (and having haste again) after all this green I’m playing, you can go first.

1 Like

I would like to play red vs blue or purple.Is anyone up for that?

1 Like

Can Bloodlust target something twice?

I’m pretty sure it’s no

Misunderstood that,sorry. You can target rook for sure.

Definitely can target heroes

Anybody have any advice for White against Purple? Bounce plus hasted big bodies make it difficult for White to maintain any board presence.

@Bob199 I’ll see if I can look closer at your games and find any wisdom nuggets to share, are you having trouble P1 P2 or both?

1 Like

In general

Continued the conversation in your warm-up thread

On a similar topic, anyone have any advice for Green against Red? Red’s ability to apply haste to remove my board presence, and my lack of ability to punish no/small patrols in the rare case I still have creatures up. Playing large blockers to keep my units alive just leads to them being kidnapped /chaos mirrored, and crashbarrows/gliders keep my tech 2 down continuously (or run through what ever blockers I had). Lots of small units just get eaten by zane/his units while not actually dealing with his board. Many other niche strats have been tried, but none really gave me a shot at winning.

Moment’s Peace feels super key, especially against Blood. From there Potent Basilisks are the kidnapping kryptonite, so perhaps playing more around Balance? It seems you’ve been leaning on Ferocity, which does work great against Barrows but only if you don’t get a blocker kidnapped.

1 Like

I tried moments peace before, maybe I was teching it too late and I need an earlier hero’s hall so I don’t keep having midori die from Zane etc. preventing the further moment’s Peace. I’ll have another few games playing around with exact timings and see what I can do.

1 Like

While we’re at it, any one has ideas for purple vs blue? Can’t really go strong on heroes or rush him, he can punish many of my strongest tech 0/1 units with manufactured truth (Argo, plasmo, nullcraft, mech) and it’s really hard to deal with community service with lawful search stealing immortals and hyperions. It seems like i don’t have many options.

For Community Service, don’t tech in Hyperion / Tryc, and bring in Undo. Even if all you do is bounce back what they take, you end up +2 gold on the trade. Teching in weaker Tech 2 units and using Temporal Distortion to swap in the better ones would also work.

How can’t you rush down Blue? Your units are overall fatter, can wear Battle Suits, and can survive a couple combats vs Blue’s units. If Blue goes tower, then yes, you’ll need to slow down a bit.

Haven’t been able to rush. Heroes are not very combat oriented and nullcraft gets punished every time. I used to tech undo but Prynn doesn’t seem to survive very much…

With purple, I don’t generally use my hero’s much except for casting spells (for the reasons you mentioned). I notice that your teching Seers a lot (which at a 3/1 for 1 seem really good, until you realise that purple struggles with hand size due to many very good units). I would also delay your Now! techs until after your stronger tech 1’s are in/your early tech 2 are in, swapping units out to others on the fly with Temporal Distortion is also stops blue shenanigans (haha, my stinger less hive is now an Immortal!)
Against blue, you really want to go on the offensive. Manufactured truth is great against argo’s etc, but remember that his argo’s are weaker then yours (no battle suits), that they require a unit already on the field (who will also probs die), and require a hero. Killing their hero/keeping their board clear therefore make it either a) extremely costly in gold + cards (2 cards, 1 + (min 1 for unit to truth) + 2 hero), so even if your hero’s are not leveling from them, it should still be a good trade for you.
Against Blue I would also go with slower units. Hive/Void Star/Xenostalker from Future are good, no immediate beneficent they steal/copy it, but with time/now! can be very powerful.

1 Like

Well, I haven’t been able to wipe his board or get to his heroes. Bigby sits on the back line and stashes away. He has lots of 1 drops and Nullcraft is dangerous so they tend to stick around. It’s true my Argo is a little tougher but his is cheaper and hard to predict. I’ve been moving away from seers because Prynn keeps dying… I’ll try your suggestion but he’s been going hard on community service which makes the bigger units risky.

so white struggling with purple, purple with blue, blue sturggling with black… Rock Paper Scissors anyone? Maybe there’s no need to make any adjustments

2 Likes