Rules Questions thread

yes, always. Like you can play a drill seargent from you hand, play other units and rearrange his runes even if he has arrival fatigue or is already exhausted.

Thanks for the quick answers! This thread has helped a lot.

3 Likes

If you have a Macciatus in play under the effects of Dreamscape with 1 point of damage who is then given a feather rune from a fairie dragon, does he die or does his own ability + Dreamscape keep him alive?

Pretty sure he survives, at least if post #2 in this thread is to be believed.

1 Like

Feather runes only affect the unit’s printed health value, so if they have any sort of effect increasing their health then 1 damage isn’t enough for the rune to kill them.

4 Likes

Seems this hasn’t been asked before, and based on assimilate I’m not sure how it works, but:

If I use Kidnapping to kidnap an opposing unit with Spirit of the Panda, do I get the gold when I attack with it? Or does my opponent?

The gold gain is an ability granted to the unit, so the current controller gets the gold.

4 Likes

Healing 1 is the part that still affects the owner of SotP, not that kidnapping matters with that.

The controller of SotP, yes. I can’t remember whether we distinguish between owner and controller in this thread somewhere.

Yes, correct, controller. They are indeed different.

The opponent plays Metamorphosis.
I play Free Speech.
When the effect of Free Speech ends, will the opponent’s heroes return to the abilities they had before Free Speech was played, or to the abilities printed on their cards?

Before Free Speech was played.

4 Likes

I end my turn with 10 workers.
The opponent destroys one of my workers.
Do I have to tech cards now?

No, you only tech if you ended your previous turn with less than ten workers.

1 Like

but if you don’t worker (hence you’re back to 9) you’ll hve to tech cards from the next turn onwards. EG: you have 10 workers, opp brings you back to 9. On your turn, you don’t have to tech, but if you end the turn with 9, at the start of the next turn you’ll have to tech again.

Are you sure? Tech cards are locked in at the start of turn, so I thought that’s when the check is for worker count

1 Like

I think we got official confirmation of it, but I don’t remember where.

The case I remember being used was when the opponent destroys your worker just before they end their turn. That leaves you scrambling to make tech decisions while your opponent sits around. Lots of down time, and open to clock abuse.

3 Likes

I can confirm. It was officially ruled that since teching “happens” EoT it doesn’ check again after the opponent’s.

Wait, does that mean that if a Technician draw causes a reshuffle, you put your teched cards into your discard before drawing the extra card?

No, the teched cards still go in just before the start of your turn.

2 Likes