News Shop
Events Forums

Persephone's Pick Your Poison: Arsenic - SIGN UP BY 3/30

Wow! Btw how do you use the character icons?

There should be an icon for emoji you can click when making a post and the forum-specific ones are in the bottom category of that, or you can type something like :grave: :psfist: :pschip: :chibijaina: to get :grave: :psfist: :pschip: :chibijaina: (and it’ll pop up suggestions after the first : as you type).

Ok thanks for the knowledge! :chibidragon:

mysticjuicer 4 - 0 Nopethebard

:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:

ggs Nope - that Lum 8K+ throw punish was godlike on your part btw

Thanks. Glad a few of my baits landed.

Argh! I totally forgot to record this, and thought there was another match I was waiting on before new games could go out!

@Castanietzsche vs Xiba 2-4
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:vendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger:
GGs! Finally got my Quince win!

Me vs. Caralad

:chibivendetta: :psfist::pschip: :chibigloria:
:chibitroq: :psfist::pschip: :chibigwen:
:chibijaina: :psfist::pschip: :chibizane:
:chibiargagarg: :psfist::pschip: :chibirook:

The Jaina and Arg games I was one combat loss away from death (although the combat option I picked on the last turns I could not have been killed, but…) but the Ven Gloria and Troq gwen Games went smoothly, though this particular. Especially Ven/Gloria, where I came out with 73hp. I love that it is listed as such a losing matchup. Lets me pick it every time. Troq gwen game came a lot closer than it usually does. That matchup is booty.

Gwen’s Q needs to DO something when it hits. Like have some kind of effect. I don’t know what, but something.

Give gwen a .2 starter that says she cant lose. Kappa.

flagrantangles wins 4-3 vs @vengefulpickle

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::quince: I put my anti-Quince technology to the test.
:persephone::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I played a little loose on two combats and basically lost as a result of that. VP made sure those mistakes cost me.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::jaina: I attacked a lot and outsped Jaina in the early game. I tried to throw too much before I was able to close it out. It got pretty close at the end there. :open_mouth:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::vendetta: I think I played too scared of 2 attack and lost as a result of those fearful decisions. VP has a good Vendetta, methinks.
:rook::psfist::pschip::grave: This game was the real highlight of this set. I played CMB and Wall of Vines and each time it was gold bursted. :open_mouth: I basically managed to bring this one back despite an enormous deficit. We were playing on a knife’s edge!
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::bbb: I didn’t know what I was doing here and I started to bring it back but I fucked up my K + KD mixups. Also, using K when at range so you don’t have to throw away a card is a fun and unexpected interaction.
:jaina::psfist::pschip::quince: While I have a really excellent winrate in this matchup as Quince, it’s not particularly good for him. Jaina’s checkmates are especially potent against Quince since he cannot contest Jaina’s A’s or Q’s. I took some strong damage in the beginning but played well against the spins and was able to start hitting back with #thicc combos.

GGs Vengefulpickle! It was a delight, especially since I didn’t have to fight your Setsuki nonstop! Hehehe!

Me vs. Ivan

:chibigloria: :psfist::pschip: :vendetta: Nooooooo someone picked Vendetta! I won this game out of sheer blind luck. If Ivan had had a dodge in his (quite large) hand he could have acroed me into no-card and Surgical Struck me.
:chibiargagarg: :pschip::psfist: :chibirook: Got dismantled here.
:chibizane: :psfist::pschip: :chibijaina: Again Ivan picks the unfavored character and only loses to luck. If Jaina was just all-around a little better character I would have lost here.
:chibitroq: :psfist::pschip: :chibigwen: people for your own sake stop picking this matchup. I am lifetime 19-2 in this matchup.
:chibipersephone: :pschip::psfist: :chibidegrey: Honestly I’m baffled that I lost this game. I had complete control and then surprise 2 (the 4th 2)-3-AA combo from nowhere.
:chibigrave: :psfist::pschip: :chibijaina: Jaina once again falling apart, largely through no fault of Ivan’s. He probably won three combats to my one this game and still lost.

Good games. Had to dip into the second set of matchups for the first time this tourney.