IYL7 - Dreadlands - Match Reports

CKR over @ArthurWynne 3-0

All :zane: vs :grave:

ggs.

4 Likes

ArthurWynne vs CKR

@CKR wins 0-3. All games were :grave: :knockdown: :psfist: :zane: All games went to the duelling supers stage. In all games I fucked it up. The last one, especially.

4 Likes

This is actually setting up to be an exciting finish. I currently sit at 8-2 in second place. The scheduling gods made my last two matches against @mysticjuicer and @Ivan. I can finish anywhere from second to sixth. There is no relaxation period before the playoffs. Relax and you are dead. Unless your @ClanNatioy, you have had a great season. Thus far, your season ranks among the best the IYL has offered.

4 Likes

I know that feeling; Iā€™ve been in a pretty similar position down at Morningstar. Even down to the last matches, thereā€™s a bloodbath waiting to happen for qualification. Nobody lets their guard down.

2 Likes

@ClanNatioy sick first seed tech.

5 Likes

thehug0naut vs @ClanNatioy

:midori::psfist::pschip::bbb: things start spicy
:midori::pschip::psfist::argagarg: spicy fish fights back
:midori::psfist::pschip::argagarg: midori enjoys spicy fish and chips
:midori::pschip::psfist::jaina: grilled (spicy) dBurger
:midori::psfist::pschip::jaina: SPICE OVER 9000

thehug0naut wins 3-2 (!!)

I had a load of fun in this one. Clan was a great opponent as always and the banter was in steady flow.

It turns out playing someoneā€™s main at them can be a bit of a psychological DP. That and drawing a lot of J+ and AA doesnā€™t exactly hurt.

Good luck for your last few matches, and the playoffs! :smile:

5 Likes

Caralad vs @snoc

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:

GGā€™s snoc.

3 Likes

snoc vs @Ivan
:setsuki: :pschip::psfist: :degrey:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :degrey:
:setsuki: :pschip::psfist: :grave: Silent TPoS to kill me from 39-12ish :frowning:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :grave:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :grave:

I think thatā€™s the right order and matchups, I might have got the first few wrong, but Ivan definitely switched to Grave as soon as possible and I came back from 2-1 down.

2 Likes

@JonnyD vs @ClanNatioy

:jaina::psfist::pschip::midori:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:grave::psfist::pschip::bbb: So patient. I think this was the closest/toughest game of the set. His patience with Blocking. Godlike BBB.
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie: drew all my reversals before half my deck.

JonnyD wins 3-1.

3 Likes

the order is wrong.
it was sets>degr
Sets<grave (tpos)
sets<grave (tpos)
Sets>grave x2

3 Likes

CKR over @mysticjuicer 3-1

All :geiger: vs :troq:

I had too many time spirals today. I considered opening Grave. I like that MU. I do have fun with this one, as well. Plus, I have lost enough with Geiger to Troq. I wanted a chance to rectify that situation.

ggs.

4 Likes

ggs CKR - always a really fun, tense MU to play, and a tense time fighting you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Play-ins contention is still really scary. :eyes:

3 Likes

thehug0naut vs @snoc
:midori::psfist::pschip::quince:
:midori::pschip::psfist::quince:
thehug0naut wins 3-1!

ggs snoccy Keep playing without fear :heart:

4 Likes

When do the finals start? I ask because Iā€™m making a big move soon (1200 mile move) and nearly all of my stuff, including my computer will be packed up between the 13th of this month to the 24th. So scheduling will be a little tricky for me during those days.

2 Likes

I was hoping to start this week, but if youā€™re moving, weā€™ll clearly wait. We still have some tail end Dreadlamfs games finish before weā€™ll know that top 4 as well.

EDIT: @ClanNatioy, if you and @GutterOwl can finish your game one before you leave, that would be awesome, but that would basically have to be today or tomorrow, so Iā€™m not expecting it (and weā€™ll just pick up the bowl when you get back).

I wasnā€™t sure where things landed on the playoffs. The original rules would have worked out pretty great for me but I know there was talk of just having the top 5 auto make it into playoffs. Not sure how round 2 of the playoffs work now though.

CKR over Ivan 3-1

:zane: > :gwen:
:zane: < :gwen:
:zane: > :gwen:
:zane: > :setsuki:

ggs.

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 vs 1 Rinzler

:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :rook: I walk my entire body into a 10 attack for lethal lol

ggs Rinzler!

6 Likes

Always a good time playing your BBB :slight_smile:

4 Likes