Free For All (Frozen, Youngbuck, Request, Zhavier & Feathers) : table talk thread

I trust NO ONE. Carefully considering my options, so please bear with me.

Seems valid, you certainly don’t want to be the one Youngbuck uses to win.

2 Likes

Good man. Keep the balance, keep the Peace. @Request

My money is still on black to win this game. He doesn’t have much issue removing the T-Rex, but we have issue removing a triple metamorphosis threat collectively. Surprised request isn’t trying to stop that, as it can nearly finish him

Yeah hold on @request, cursed crow + invisible Vandy and Orpal is going to end the game right now if you don’t do something about it…

I am surprised request hit youngbuck to put me ahead, but hey, I’ll take it.

Whoops, missed the max Vandy on the board and didn’t do my math correctly i guess. I don’t think it’s fair to @zhavier to amend my turn since I already posted, but if he’s ok with it I can re-do.

I am partway through the planning stages…

So we have frozenstorm at 16, youngbuck at 17, request at 13, me at 19, and feathers at 16.

If only meta was already in hand…

I mean I’m fine with the game being over and losing, I had my fun with FDS this game :wink: Just figured it was worth pointing out that the game is very end-able (I mean Feathers will probably be near-lethal as well, but I expected Zhavier would at least deter Feathers ^_^)

1 Like

I think it is entirely plausible that youngbuck or request will find the win in their next turn. I was not able to with my turn. Well probably not request.

Wasn’t able to achieve lethal with my turn either, and couldn’t do much while keeping myself alive without tipping the balance over to someone else. Up to you folks to make sure YoungBuck and Zhavier are kept in line!

Okay two things @feathers :

1. PRETTY HARD TO KEEP THINGS IN LINE WITH YOU KILLING MY TECH BUILDING… AGAIN… SO I GUESS YOU MEAN REQUEST IS IN CHARGE OF KEEPING THINGS IN LINE?
  2. Rook was already dead from Vandy, can’t boot camp him, take your 2g and card back :wink:

@FrozenStorm Since my entire saving grace is flooding my patrol with runed units, it’s pretty much over for me and my engine if you get to use Oathkeeper’s ability. Unless you pledge to ‘keep in line’ the guys with the highest base healths and Tech IIIs with him (instead of, say, yours truly)? I’ll wait for a response before I redo my turn, thanks for pointing it out!

@feathers I mean if I bring him out, I’m clearing all the patrols and yours will be exposed the longest (and youngbuck will be the first to act), so it kind of makes sense for you to kill my tech 3. I’m just pointing out the irony of your “keep these guys in line” statement when you’re really only speaking to Request :wink:

I’ll cause mayhem at my own expense, go ahead and take the tech 3 :stuck_out_tongue: I have my turn drafted against your original turn anyway.

Ah, I thought Oathkeeper clears ‘a’ patrol zone, not all of them. Makes more sense now. Though I also meant for YoungBuck and zhavier to keep each other in check, if that’s what you’re asking :wink: Mind if I shift my turn around a bit to put that extra 2g to better use before you take yours?

yea thats fine

I find this exchange amusing. So, this format is very interesting, and despite appearances, I don’t think black has a special advantage at winning in the format, black just has a sizeable number of effects that hit multiple opponents at once. I do thinik this particular match has devolved a bit to be choosing the winner between me and youngbuck, but that is largely because request got knocked down in hp so early.

It feels to me that in this format, many ‘special advantages’ are balanced out by the fact there are four potential opponents who could act against you in response. And it is interesting that a casual hit from YoungBuck early has served to shape the game. Base health is that much important, and by contrast single big effects/units much weaker, here compared to 1v1. It’s refreshing :smiley:

Yea YoungBuck’s Dinosize to Request’s face early definitely warped the last couple turns of the game to be a clamber between the four of us to keep our head highest on the health count. I pretty much have the choice here based on what I sword rune that decides which of you keeps the proper amount of firepower to end the game.

I definitely think Black has an advantage at winning from a purely gameplay perspective (none of the other mono colors can affect EVERY opponent to the extent Black does, they have to pick and choose targets). However, that hurts its social aspect at winning (this format is as much about temporary alliances and diplomacy as it is pure gameplay).

It’s for that reason (and just the fact that Black is my least favorite color in this game) that I’ll be choosing to ace the Plague Lord > T-Rex. Dinosaurs are way cooler than diseased zombie-fatties. Get all Jurrasic Park up in here, Green!