[CAWS20] Round3: charnel_mouse [Demonology/Disease]/Discipline vs Unity [Present/Future]/Peace

@charnel_mouse Max Geiger of course doesn´t have an armor on the scavenger slot. Sorry, put him at the Squad-Leader spot at first and forgot to remove the armor. Will edit. Maybe it will make it easier for you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A little bit, I think! Note that your Tech II is on 5 HP again after being rebuilt.

P1T9

Starting hand: 5

Plague Lab
Gorgon
Pestering Haunt
Summon Skeletons
Sacrifice the Weak

Thoughts

Ideally I want Vandy to kill both heroes, and then to cast Sacrifice the Weak on the Octavian. Plague Lord attacking lets midband Vandy get kills, and she can’t doom anything, so I don’t have to have a spare unit afterwards. I need to weaken the Mech enough for Plague Lord to kill it, however, preferably without the help of the Abomination. It does 5 damage by itself. 2g for Sacrifice the Weak, 3g for the required Gorgon. That leaves 6g to get two runes on the Mech, I don’t think I have a way to do it.

1. Abomination trades with Mech, midband Vandy (9g), hits Geiger, Plague Lord’s windup kills both heroes, destroys Tech II, Vandy maxbands. Sacrifice the Weak on Octavian and Plague Lord’s Soul Stone (7g), replay Abomination (1g) or Plague Lab + Gorgon (1g). Have 6/6 Abomination in front, or 2/4 deathtouch Gorgon, with maxband Vandy and 3/6 or 4/7 Plague Lord behind, maybe with a Plague Lab. Wipes the board and destroys Tech II, but I can’t get Plague Lab and Sparring Partner both in play.
  2. Gorgon (8g), Sacrifice the Weak on Gorgon and Mech (6g), midband Vandy (4g) hits heroes, Orpal (2g), Plague Lord’s windup kills them, hits something, midband Orpal (1g), Sparring Partner (0g), maybe sacrifice it to run Octavian down to 5/5. I think it’s too expensive to try and use midband Orpal here.
  3. Midband Vandy (9g), fetch Soul Stone (8g), Soul Stone Abomination (6g), Abom kills Mech, Gorgon (3g), Sacrifice the Weak (1g), Sparring Partner (0g), Plague Lord kills Geiger. I’d rather have both heroes dead if I’m going to leave Octavian and Tech buildings alive. Sacrifice the Weak on Abomination’s Soul Stone doesn’t improve matters much.
  4. As for 1, up to killing heroes and Tech II (9g). Gorgon (6g), Sacrifice the Weak (4g), Plague Lab (1g), Sparring Partner (0g). I lose Abomination’s rune, but I can set up to make lots more with the Lab. I can bring Abomination out of the Graveyard next turn, though.

Option 4 looks good: board wipe, Tech break, and rune spam setup. I could play Plague Lab first so Abomination doesn’t die, but I think it’s better this way since I can break the Tech II. Let’s do it.

I don’t think Unity has any viable haste options for this coming turn, but I’ll put Sparring Partner in Elite instead of the backline, just in case (both are fine against Forgotten Fighter).

Teched cards: 0

T2: Plague Spitter, Sickness
T3: Abomination, Sparring Partner
T4: Gorgon, Soul Stone
T5: Gorgon, Plague Lord
T6: Cursed Ghoul, Plague Lab

Your base rots to 15
Get paid + float - (11)
Abomination trades with Mech, goes to Graveyard
Midband Vandy - (9)
Vandy hits Geiger to 1, sparkshots Vir to 1
Plague Lord attacks, your heroes die of plague, you draw and get a gold, destroys Tech II, your base to 13, Vandy maxbands, nothing to doom
Gorgon - (6)
Sacrifice the Weak, Gorgon goes to Graveyard, Octavian dies - (4)

Gorgon draw: 1

Sparring Partner

Plague Lab, nothing to give - runes to - (1)
Sparring Partner - (0)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

:psfist: Sparring Partner 1+2/2 (exhaust: give + rune to ally without any; 2g: readies, but can’t attack)

Vandy L5 4/5 (sparkshot; resist 1; exhaust + 1g: fetch a Demonology spell from codex)
Plague Lord 5/8 (Soul Stone; arrives/attacks: enemy units/heroes get a – rune; upkeep: bases take damage for each – rune on allies; resist 2)

Soul Stone (attached to Plague Lord; +1/+1; attached unit would die: heal and remove Soul Stones instead)

:heart: Graveyard HP: 3 (Abomination; Gorgon; 4+ occupants: destroyed)
:heart: Plague Lab HP: 4 (exhaust + 2g: for any number of cards, add copy of existing rune)

:heart: Base HP: 20
:heart: Tech I HP: 5
:heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Disease)
:heart: Tech III HP: 5

Hand: 4

Sickness
Plague Spitter
Pestering Haunt
Summon Skeletons

Deck: 3

Gorgon
Cursed Ghoul
Sacrifice the Weak

Discard: 0
Card-count check (opponent-viewable)

Expected: 10 + 10 teched = 20
2 in Graveyard
5 on board
4 in hand
3 in deck
0 in discard
6 in workers
Total: 20

Gold: 0
Workers: 10

4 x start
T1: Jandra, the Negator
T2: Skeleton Javelineer
T3: Skeletal Archery
T4: Poisonblade Rogue
T5: Thieving Imp
T6: Deteriorate

2 Likes

No Way!! Sacrifice the Weak(??) Octavian? :dizzy_face:

The two things I was affraid of: Sacrifice the Weak or a Spreading Plague :crazy_face:

But i really liked the elegance of Vandy´s Sparkshot :+1:

P2T9

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Ready or Not
Battle Suits
Elite Training
Gilded Glaxx
Now!

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus
Nullcraft

NextHand

Fading Argonaut
Immortal
Chronofixer
Forgotten Fighter
Tricycloid

Discard

Ready or Not
Elite Training
Now!
Octavian

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
No Worker
Play Gilded Glaxx - ($7)
Play Battle Suits - ($5)
Summon Onimaru - ($3)
Repair Tech II

Float ($3)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Gilded Glaxx (4/4+1A)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician: General Onimaru (2/3) Level 1 Frenzy 1
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Battle Suits (+1ATK to non token Soldiers and Mystics)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 13
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 4
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 3 (Present)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 4

Gold:

• Gold: 3
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

And down we go.

P1T10

Starting hand: 4

Sickness
Plague Spitter
Pestering Haunt
Summon Skeletons

Thoughts

11 attack on the board, not including Plague Lord’s attack effects. I’m facing 8 defence and a 13-health base, so I’d need 10 more damage. 4g gets me Sickness (6g, 8hp). Plague Lab gets me another 2 for 2g at that point (4g, 6hp). If I count Plague Lord’s effect, then I need to get down 2 + runes before their beneficiaries attack, but after Sparring Partner attacks, and before Plague Lab activates. (0g, 0hp). I don’t think I can do that in a way such that the Partner survives attacking, at best he runs into a 3/4 Gilded Glaxx.

I’ll just have to break Tech buildings instead.

Teched cards: 0

T2: Plague Spitter, Sickness
T3: Abomination, Sparring Partner
T4: Gorgon, Soul Stone
T5: Gorgon, Plague Lord
T6: Cursed Ghoul, Plague Lab

Get paid (10)
Orpal Gloor - (8)
Sickness, Gilded Glaxx to 3/3+1A, Onimaru to 1/2 - (6)
Sparring Partner exhausts to give Vandy a + rune
Sparring Partner readies - (4)
Sparring Partner exhausts to give Plague Lord a + rune
Sparring Partner readies - (2)
Sparring Partner exhausts to give Orpal a + rune
Plague Lab exhausts, Plague Lord and my heroes get another + rune each, Gilded Glaxx to 2/2+1A (- -), Onimaru to 0/1 (- -) - (0)
Vandy kills Gilded Glaxx, takes 2 damage
Plague Lord attacks, Onimaru dies of plague, destroys Tech II, your base to 11, Orpal hits level 3
Discard 3, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

:psblueshield: Orpal L3 3/5+1A (++; deals damage in - runes)

Vandy L5 6/5 (++; sparkshot; resist 1; exhaust + 1g: fetch a Demonology spell from codex; 2 damage)
Plague Lord 7/9 (++; Soul Stone; arrives/attacks: enemy units/heroes get a – rune; upkeep: bases take damage for each – rune on allies; resist 2)
Sparring Partner 2/2 (exhaust: give + rune to ally without any; 2g: readies, but can’t attack)

Soul Stone (attached to Plague Lord; +1/+1; attached unit would die: heal and remove Soul Stones instead)

:heart: Graveyard HP: 3 (Abomination; Gorgon; 4+ occupants: destroyed)
:heart: Plague Lab HP: 4 (exhaust + 2g: for any number of cards, add copy of existing rune)

:heart: Base HP: 20
:heart: Tech I HP: 5
:heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Disease)
:heart: Tech III HP: 5

Hand: 5

Gorgon
Cursed Ghoul
Sacrifice the Weak
Plague Spitter
Summon Skeletons

Deck: 2

Sickness
Pestering Haunt

Discard: 0
Card-count check (opponent-viewable)

Expected: 10 + 10 teched = 20
2 in Graveyard
5 on board
5 in hand
2 in deck
0 in discard
6 in workers
Total: 20

Gold: 0
Workers: 10

4 x start
T1: Jandra, the Negator
T2: Skeleton Javelineer
T3: Skeletal Archery
T4: Poisonblade Rogue
T5: Thieving Imp
T6: Deteriorate

@FrozenStorm
@charnel_mouse

My next hand:
Boot Camp
Tricycloid
Elite Training
Temporal Distortion
Boot Camp

Time to fold. Wp, gg. Octavian will go back to rest in the depth of the seas, until we shall meet again.

Good luck for the rest of the tournament!

1 Like

Well played! Tense race to get a Tech III unit on the board there. Good luck going forward to you, too.

1 Like