Casual: petE (Black) vs Shadow (Purple)

That would be the case if the xenostalker was to attack the void blocker, rather then garth.

1 Like

Very well played !

1 Like

Yes, but you could play the second to kill something after attacking with the first to give yourself a fresh blocker and to blow up something else. (I didn’t want to have to chew threw an 11/12 to blow up your tech buildings/your base)

I agree that Neo was probably not the right card there. TBH I should have probably playing Fargo T1 and Mox T2 rather then Battlesuits into Nullcraft/Neo.

Agreed, but there is very little he can actually fight and live at this point. Skeletons are dealt with by Nullcraft/Stewardess (and I want her in the deck as an answer to Lich’s Bargain). Plus I really don’t have the gold in the first 3/4 turns to level him with when going first as purple, esp if I want to float any to keep Glax’s around (and the blockers were about to become 3/3 in taxman/bone collectors by my reckoning). Finnally I find that Geieger normaly dies then around Turn 4/5, right when I want to use him for Now! and Temporal Distortion.[quote=“Jadiel, post:99, topic:3171”]
But, the game has different play styles, and maybe you just don’t like early purple heroes…
[/quote]

And that’s why I like it, thanks for the thoughts, it is always helpful to see another’s perspective on what you should/shouldn’t do. It is something that I should definitely try again at some point to see if my old observations still hold now I might be slightly better at the game.

No problem. I can see where you are coming from, and I think it’s very game-state dependent. I certainly wouldn’t suggest playing heroes every game, or even every game your opponent plays Garth, but I think there are definitely game states where an early hero is the right play. Heroes are high risk/reward plays, and can lose you games, but they can also win them, and they usually give your opponent a lot more to think about, so I certainly wouldn’t dismiss them out of hand.

1 Like