News Shop
Events Forums

A Balanced Clash: 1st of it's Name - In Progress!

Hrm… You’re right. I’ll have to see if I can convince challonge to both re-make the bracket and preserve the current games that have been played.

Or maybe I’ll just ditch challonge… Not sure which is more of a hassle.

EDIT: Fixed!

Just make sure to consider @Xiba as being the low-seed for the purposes of who picks first. I had to bump him up to seed 1 just to make the bracket work out.

Also, the new bracket is https://challonge.com/a_balanced_clash_one (also linked from the first post).

CKR over @ArthurWynne 4-3

:rook: > :persephone:
:rook: > :persephone::
:rook: > :persephone:
:rook: < :persephone:
:zane: < :degrey:
:zane: < :degrey:
:zane: > :degrey:

ggs.

Bob199 :ps4gem: : :ps3gem: CarpeGuitarrem

:bbb: :pscrash: :pschip: :codextroq:
:bbb: :pschip: :pscrash: :codextroq:
:vendetta: :pscrash: :pscrash: :pschip: :pschip: :codextroq: :codexquince:
:vendetta::pschip: :pscrash: :codexquince:
:gloria: :pschip: :pscrash: :codexonimaru:
:codexzane: :pscrash: :pschip: :codexonimaru:

Ggs

This was such a tight set. Multiple matchups I’ve really not explored all that much, I think I’ve played Oni-Gloria once or twice before this? (Sorry not sorry about checkmating you with Q on that last beat.)

I got antsy a few too many times against Zane dodges…

Then there was the time I went “Eh, I’m not too worried about jokering that Vendetta dodge, I’m just gonna get hit with K again, which will bounce K back to hand…” and then you had AAA…

Mastrblastr 4 - 2 @Ivan
:degrey: < :zane: got stomped here really not close
:onimaru: > :midori: Think I hit him with T T 8 to start. Hard to come back from that
:gwen: < :rook: Got perfected except chip damage YIKES this was a BRAVE Rook
:zane: > :degrey: Block Block Block Block Block Powerup Play Anarchy #grappler
:zane: > :vendetta: Throw Throw Throw Throw Perfect #grappler
:onimaru: > :midori: super super super tense game I saved jokers to use at right spot, won with 3hp

GGs!

The matchup results posts for the last three posts ended with ggs, Ggs, GGs. Is this a coincidence or a subtle buildup to maximum hype?!

snoc vs @mysticjuicer

results hidden for VOD fans

:quince: :pschip::psfist: :lum: weird draws for me, bunch of throws and normals and 2s but no face cards
:quince: :psfist::pschip: :lum: start with throw 7 J and keep going from there
:quince: :pschip::psfist: :lum: another great start but I choke the ending
:quince: :pschip::psfist: :lum: almost vortex out the comeback from 8hp but then juicer finds the PF to kill me
:troq: :psfist::pschip: :lum: Juicer plays nothing but Js, Ks and wild haymakers and it is TERRIFYING. Super close finish to this one.
:troq: :psfist::pschip: :lum: Some interesting range shifts in here - actually manage to land some Ks
:troq: :psfist::knockdown: :midori: Disgusting number of face cards into BU.
snoc wins 4-3!

GGS!!!

vengefulpickle vs @flagrantangles

:vendetta::psfist::pschip::quince: A perfect, won with 4 back-to-back K throws, plus a dodge into J to close it out
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::quince: The washing machine was in full effect
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::quince: Sets has a lot of good cards, and played under honest Ks a few too many times
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::valerie: Sets is very huggy this game. Valerie melts.
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::persephone: The mistress sets Ven up, and knocks him down.
:rook::pschip::psfist::persephone: And does it again to Rook
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::grave: Sets gets some solid reads, and solid damage, and takes the set.

Good games!

Southpaw Hare vs @Caralad

:vendetta: :psfist::pschip: :rook:
:vendetta: :psfist::pschip: :degrey:
:vendetta: :psfist::pschip: :degrey:
:vendetta: :pschip::psfist: :rook:
:geiger: :psfist::pschip: :rook:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 1 Caralad
Southpaw Hare wins!

Xiba vs @Hobusu
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
GGs! This mu is really fun and fair! Sets starts almost with throw except one surprise Q. Val block most of Qs and wins with almost all A(orb). Val’s J++ is super strong. I was a sets player ago so I can tell what in sets hand when she’s hand gets low. So how to counter a character may be using it more haha.

Sets Is A Grappler

Xiba vs @JonnyD
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :menelker: Strong character with a strong man! Menelker is super strong!
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :gloria: I’m struggling to avoid menelker, so onimaru is a choice. And this mu is good and fun I think. I nearly got killed.
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :gloria: I win turns until gloria got around half blood. And she didn’t heal much.
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :lum: Lum got a good start but onimaru is more cunning.
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :grave: I guess the important cards right in this mu such as Q and good throw so that I finished the match and didn’t give his menelker the chance to show.
GGs! Good luck next time and best wishes.