[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Objection! That’s just shifting the boldposts!

4 Likes

That’s not a pound sign, that’s a hash.

1 Like

“The # symbol is commonly called the pound sign, number sign and more recently the hashtag. It is called the pound sign because the symbol comes from the abbreviation for weight, lb, or “libra pondo” literally “pound by weight” in Latin.” -dictionary.com

I remember this being the case before twitter, although I can understand that it may be a more regional thing.

On other news my sister just got destroyed by Onimaru again, and I don’t know what advice to give her since I’m not subscribed to orange crush.

4 Likes

why not cping with arg/degr? for troq oni indeed is rough customer

1 Like

Castanietzsche vs @ThreeHeadedMonkey
3 - 2

:quince: :psfist::pschip: :zane:
:quince: :pschip::psfist: :geiger:
:persephone: :pschip::psfist: :geiger:
:persephone: :psfist::pschip: :geiger:
:persephone: :psfist::pschip: :zane:

Very tense and exciting games, thanks :smile_cat:
I was crazily lucky on the first and the last games, 2’s and Joker drawn very soon in the game and Mistress Command always hitting when your hand was full of abilities and even an AA against Zane :scream_cat:
I you’d have switched your drawns between first and last game I’d have lost both ! So many throws in the last lol, Quince’s hell :joy_cat:

Good luck with Round 14 mate ! :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

Flagstone City
@Fusxfaranto wins 3-0 versus flagrantangles
:quince::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:valerie::pschip::psfist::gwen:

:quince::pschip::psfist::gwen:

As it turns out, I don’t know how to fight against Gwen! I tried the Valerie CP and then I realized I didn’t know what I was doing so I went back to Quince. I felt comfortable but still died. Fusx felt more comfortable, turns out. GGs!

7 Likes

octothorpe tag

1 Like

Dreadlands
Attilian :ps3gem: - :ps1gem: @Ms.Stress

:lum: :pscrash::pschip: :valerie:
:lum: :pschip::pscrash: :troq:
:lum: :pscrash::pschip: :troq:
:lum: :pscrash::pschip: :troq: Turn 3 Beats Unleashed!

Ggs Ms. Stress. Good luck in the rest of the league.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! We are just about halfway done with the Round Robin portion of IYL5! Here’s a little update on the current top contenders from each division!

#Flagstone City

1. @Niijima-san (7W-1L)
  2. @Leontes (6W-1L)

#Dreadlands

1. @snoc (5W-1L)
  2. @thehug0naut (5w-1L)

#Pandalands

1. @CloudCuckooCountry (7W-1L)
  2. @ClanNatioy (7W-1L)

#Morning Star Sanctuary

1. @mysticjuicer (8W-0L)
  2. @Fluffiness (6W-2L)

Don’t like the current standings? Make sure you destroy these players when you have the chance! :wink:

Also, don’t forget that players in the 5-3 positions in each division also have a shot at making the play-offs!

12 Likes

Thelo :troq: 3 - 1 :degrey: Hobusu
in Flagstone City

:troq::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:troq::psfist::pschip::degrey:

Good games! And remember to watch your suits! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never had to pay attention to the suits against my local opponents, so that was a nice wake-up call! As promised, here’s the screenshots of that bug I encountered:

Screenshots enclosed

Don’t know if they’ll help any, but no reason not to share them!

4 Likes

Flagstone City

Niijima-San vs. Hobusu

I win 3-2

:chibipersephone: :psfist::pschip: :chibisetsuki:
:chibipersephone: :psfist::pschip: :chibisetsuki:
:chibipersephone: :pschip::psfist: :chibisetsuki:
:chibitroq: :pschip::psfist: :chibisetsuki:
:chibitroq: :psfist::pschip: :chibisetsuki:

Honorable games concluded.

5 Likes

Can confirm, also encountered the token prompt today.

4 Likes

My sister ran into that second bug in her last match. she had to log out and back into steam to fix it. Until just now that was the only time i had ever seen or heard of the bug.

3 Likes

I had to do the same thing between rounds of my match… @Thelo, do you have any idea what’s causing it?

1 Like

DreadLands
Caralad vs Ivan - 0:3
:grave::pschip::psfist::lum: - got Lum by random :neutral_face:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::lum: - closed this at 9 hp with 4 of a Kind /and the big luck he didn’t has a counter/
:persephone::pschip::psfist::lum:
Thanks, mate. All set was fun and extremly tense. Good Luck in the other rounds.

3 Likes

I’m pretty convinced Quince vs. Sets is Sets-favored. Yes, Quince can deal massive damage off a correct guess, and Sets has trouble withstanding vortexes, but Sets’s buttons are so oppressive, and she draws enough jokers to where just mashing attack can be a huge pain for Quince to deal with.

Even if Quince does land a dodge here and there, he better do it when he’s already weathered the first barrage of attacks. Otherwise his hand can go to shit pretty quickly.

7 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
MyDrothers 3-1 over @CKR
:troq::psfist::knockdown::chibizane:
:troq::psfist::knockdown::chibigeiger:
:chibitroq::knockdown::psfist::geiger:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::chibigeiger:

3 Likes

International Yomi League
Dreadlands Division, Week 7
Mystic Deadman vs. @snoc

:chibizane::psfist::pschip::chibigloria:
:chibizane::psfist::pschip::chibivalerie:
:chibizane::psfist::pschip::chibivalerie:

Final Score

MD 3-0 snoc

The Game 1 CP works the way that is should, but he goes for the speedy CP on his end. Unfortunately, Ks work really well to help Zane vs. the Manic Painter, who would otherwise eat him for lunch. As usual, however, the games were much closer than the sweep suggests.

GGs d00d, and good luck the rest of the season.

Video forthcoming, and I figured out what the problem was audibly, so I’ll come in more clearly on this one.

4 Likes

GGs indeed, walking into the G1 CP hurt and then I just got Ked too many times.

3 Likes