No, no announcement. I’m just noodling on what a control scheme might look like if Yomi were ported to the Switch (or another console), or was playable with a fightstick.
Here’s my thoughts:
- Cards are chosen via simultaneous selection of both the stick and buttons.
- Card number is chosen w/ the stick, using the following mapping:
8 7 6 \ | / 9 - 2 - 5 / | \ T 3 4 Q | K - - A | J
- The buttons control the choice of Slow-Attack/Fast-Attack/Slow-Throw/Fast-Throw/Dodge/Block, and also Normal or Special/Super. Given a standard
X Y A B
configuration, X is a offensive normal, and Y is a defensive normal. A is an offensive special, and B is a defensive special. Offensive to defensive is graded in the order listed above, that is (from more offensive to more defensive): Slow-Attack, Fast-Attack, Slow-Throw, Fast-Throw, Dodge, Block.
- If there are multiple cards of the same rank in hand, then after the rank and type are selected, suit is selected: X = Hearts, Y = Diamonds, A = Spades, B = Clubs.
- As an example, to play a 3-attack, you’d input dX (down-X), and to play a 6-block, you’d input ufY (up-forward-Y). To play Fast-J, you’d input b-B (back-B).
- To play a Joker, press any 3 of ABXY simultaneously.
- To pass, press Start