[XCAPS22] Round7: P1 FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs P2 zango [Finesse]/Ninjutsu/Feral

I had my turn completely typed out, before… “Always check for lethal!”

Giga kills SL, overpowers 2 to river
Tenderfoot trades river
Maxband sets attacks base to 15
Fencer attacks base down to 12
Elephant attacks base twice for a total of 12 damage, GG!

Seems like high risk, high rewards on my side turned out well, may I ask why you didn’t stick to your plan A with lizzo and such?

3 Likes

GG WP! Not sure what you mean by plan A w/ lizzo and such?

Really it was just silly to patrol Jav and it went downhill from there, Cala is a strong answer to Vandy’s early pressure and Wither/Bloom only exacerbate that problem. I didn’t come out strong enough to counter it and I think that combined w/ killing Garth when I had Doom Grasp on deck + teching, drawing & timing Feral Strike w/ Tech 2 was the story of the game. Might have recovered if no Ferocity made your attack much more costly but it was gonna be an uphill battle

1 Like

Always check for lethal

3 Likes

Oh yeah, my hero kills were ultra timely… With plan A I meant that you deviated from your usual tech choices, which probably are one of the strongest possible ways to play nightmare, that opened up the slot for me to profit. But yes, that jav mistake really cost you big time as well…

It felt like the way I was gonna win after having Vandy hung out to dry was to push card advantage as hard as I could. In practice I never had Imp in the right hands and couldn’t utilize the early Shadow blade w/ Garth stuck out. Didn’t seem like normal Fencer plan would time tech draws correctly. In hindsight Hoodie might have been better than Shadow Blade, and Lizzo + Soul Stone might have been better than the Fencers, but I wasn’t sure I’d be keeping my tech2. Bit of a mess win-con wise and needed the Doom Grasp. Ah well :slight_smile:

1 Like