[XCAPS22] Round2: P1 zhavier [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs P2 Bomber678 [Future]/Peace/Blood

Gg friend. I was interested to see if Gunship would still be strong enough, but I guess not.

@zango

I don’t think the gunship nerf affected this matchup, I’d lost before I even got to tech 3. Also gunships work a lot better as P2. Growth was probably the better plan.

1 Like

Thought exercise:

I avoid giving you any draws, you still have neo and nullcraft in deck. You suicide mox and two cadets on Rook, 2 Drill Sergeants played and draw the last 2 cards in deck, knight played from hand reshuffles, and your possible draws are 2 cadets, a knight and crash bomber. Regardless of what you draw, you still have 4g, to play crash bomber and nullcraft, as with the turn you actually played out, and I have one less life on Rook for the trouble.

This is actually how I expected it to go. I would have simply folded immediately had your hand been accurately listed in the first place. If your deck count had been accurate, there was the slimest of chances you wouldnt loop around the draw the cadets. That said, I should have realized the count was off. In any event, no possible turn I could take would have kept you from achieving overwhelming advantage except a detonate, and even then Im skeptical. So fishing for the draw was literally the only play.

2 Likes

Zhavier, how did the nerfs influence your tech 2 decision? Would you have gone for growth without the MoLaC nerf?

Well, the calculus was “lets try tech 3, im worried about kidnapped blooming ancients and molac won’t be reliable”

1 Like