[XCAPS21] Round 5: FrozenStorm [Past]/Balance/Peace vs dwarddd [Peace]/Feral/Finesse

Indeed no hope remains, GG WP! @charnel_mouse this deck was too good :wink:

XCAPS21 R5: Player 1, Turn 8

P1 [Past]/Balance/Peace vs P2 [Peace]/Feral/Finesse

Starting Hand

Boot Camp
Stewardess of the Undone
Fading Argonaut
Seer
Neo Plexus
DS + Nullc (Seer)
Boot Camp + Tiny B (DS)
OC + Owl (Nullc)
Seer + Owl (OC)
OC + no more cards (Gemscout)

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Gemscout Owl x2
Boot Camp, Drill Sergeant
Seer, Drill Sergeant
Seer, Boot Camp
Flagstone Garrison x2
Overeager Cadet, Tiny Basilisk
Stewardess of the Undone, Overeager Cadet

Main:

• Seer trades with Starlet
  • OC dies to Oni
  • Seer, draw 2 DS+1 (8)
  • Drill Sergeant, draw 2 DS +1 (5)
  • Nullcraft, rs draw 2 DS +2 (3)
  • Overeager Cadet, draw 2 DS+2
  • Gemscount Owl, draw 1 nothing left to draw DS+2 (2)
  • Gemscount Owl, nothing left to draw DS+2 (1)
  • Seer, nothing left to draw DS+2 (0)
  • Overeager Cadet, nothing to draw DS+2
  • Give all 16 runes to Nullcraft, it and Midori finish your base, GG WP!
1 Like

Yeah, specifically i think the model may not realise itā€™s as good as it is: I had it in round 3 and it felt like an advantage then too.

Anyway, still needs a solid pilot so GGWP, cya in a future round if we both make it that far!

2 Likes

17/17 hasty flying unit that costs 2?? :face_vomiting:

Thereā€™s a reason Purple Peace engine dominated the early meta of PbF, and it isnā€™t just the Battle Suits Synergy!

Juggermox is dangerous and yeah, Nullcraft loves it some buffs :wink:

1 Like

Definitely need to have the model account for within-deck synergies, I just need to work out how to do it so it doesnā€™t take a week to run :wink:

1 Like

Yes, purple/peace is very good without much effort. Itā€™s not a dominant deck in normal formats, but itā€™s very good vs random junk.

1 Like

I mostly agree with you guys but I also like the sound of [Peace]/Feral/Finesse. Maybe Iā€™m biased because itā€™s got two of my top 3 favorite specs and Blue starter which is a plus against Purple. Having said that, itā€™s also got some downsides which make it an underdog in this matchup. Not disagreeing with that but I think it should have at least decent chance of winning. Iā€™d like to give it a try if any one of you is interested in piloting P1 in this matchup. Of course this shouldnā€™t affect the ongoing tourney so the tourney match takes a priority.

1 Like

Iā€™m game for that @bansa , Iā€™ll start us a casual thread

1 Like

maybe you should have gone for a peace/finess engine. Maybe it was too slow to work, but it seemed to me the only way to beat past/peace by using the draw engine of garrison with the free units from maestro.

Finesse I + Behind the Ferns might also work to stop Peace setting up, Iā€™m not sure. Depends on whether you expect a Momentā€™s Peace.