XCAPS 22 Ideas?

does KotC ever really arrive when Flagstone Garrison spam happens? They just get played to cycle the deck, the game usually is over.

If you made that change, I’d just play [Past]/Peace/Blood, which is basically the same, arguably better

Also technically it makes Jail destroy the combo

hmm, jail destroying the combo is a problem.

For what it’s worth, Sirlin said at one point in the Codex channel on Discord that a good change to Garrison might be to have the card draw only apply to Peace Tech II and III units, then give it some other advantage to go alongside that (and in the same message he also said Drill Sergeant should be adjusted at the same time, his proposal was 4g and the +1/+1 runes are immediately applied to each unit as it arrives rather than going to the Sergeant and being possible to distribute later).

1 Like

I feel like that would make it go from really good to entirely unplayable. I do think drill sergeant also needs tuning, maybe down to 2/2 stats instead of 2/3.

I’m not committed to any specific change, I just wanted to bring up what Sirlin had said on the topic, though whether it would be ‘unplayable’ depends in part on what other benefit it gains to compensate for this nerf (since he did say it would need something like that).

As for Drill Sergeant, I don’t think altering its own base stats would actually do much if you leave its ability as-is just given the nature of what its ability is; I actually really like Sirlin’s proposed changed to that one, that nerfed version is still a really good card imo (which just goes to show how strong the current Peace Engine is).

3 Likes

I’d still play a Garrison that was draw one whenever you play a blue unit from hand, and it’d instantly patch out Purple/Peace OP-ness

1 Like

I think another proposal on Discord was that Garrison draws a card when units die, rather than when they’re played. Ties more into “we have reserves”, and means you can’t play your entire deck so quickly.

Alternatively, there could be a limit on how many times it can trigger per turn.

1 Like

Can’t believe people are hating on purple peace already :frowning:
I haven’t even won a single tournament with it

3 Likes

Just to be clear I think Purple/Peace is far from the biggest problem with the overall game’s balance, and it’s cool to see ot having success with some of the other big problems having a little nerf bat tap in this tourney.

It has won several tourneys, though :wink: it is one of the strongest combos, albeit a tier below miracle grow and nightmare.

1 Like

I read through some of the games and didn’t see it, but maybe I missed it, was the pirate ship nerf adequate? I’ve always thought that one of the bigger problems with it is it’s stat line + long range, it basically smokes the majority of other tier 3 options so bad they are unplayable even if obliterate 2 doesn’t get them. And the cost is also nuts relatively speaking. I would propose reducing stats some and increasing cost a little bit if just removing the obliterate does the trick then that is simpler.

I think the change is good. Gunship is still strong and can take out one target every turn and it is almost impossible to kill via combat damage. But it cannot control the board any more. The issue before was that even when you are behind you play the gunship and still win, because it kills anything in the turn it arrvives. Now gunship will kill one target but you can still win a base race easily when you are leading.

1 Like

Sorry to bring it up, but that game against @zhavier where he tech’d double detonate and you still did your rush unhindered… kinda felt like that detonate should have been a stronger counter, since this is one of the only situations where it would be played.

Peace is one of the specs that benefits most from a good Tech II draw. It’s not that the engine is that strong, it’s that a good draw will let it win near-immediately, whether the opponent was prepared for it or not.

1 Like