[XCAFS23] Round1 part2: P1 flagrantangles monoblue vs P2 thehug0naut [Feral]/Present/Discipline

Having Calamandra already at midband changed my options so I’ve retaken my turn.

P2T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Reversal (in case I lose Geiger)
Martial Mastery (in case I lose Geiger)

STARTING HAND

Tiger Cub
Hyperion → Rampant Growth
Verdant Tree
Rambasa Twin

WORKERS

Rich Earth
Ironbark Treant
Forest’s Favor
Young Treant

NextHand

Now!
Rambasa Twin
Sparring Partner
Verdant Tree
Spore Shambler

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Geiger - ($7)
Calamandra and Tricycloids clear patrol, each take 2, Geiger midbands, you draw
Hyperion, hits Tech II to 1HP, takes 4, I draw - ($2)
Maxband Geiger, flicker a Tric, guns down Tech II, your base to 16 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Tricycloid 5/5A [2]
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician: L5 Max Geiger 3/4
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• L3 Calamandra Moss 3/2 [My units have Resist 1]
  • Hyperion 4/1 [Haste]
  • Tricycloid 3/1

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 8
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

Now that I know I already have midband Cala, this version gives me more of a patrol to resist Quince copies, though unhelpfully I still have to choose between clearing the Newsman or taking out his Tech building. Geiger may still die but I can tech in some Grave spells in case I lose my main caster.

Edit: missing s

I don’t see how a unit and a hero clear three units out of my patrol.

1 hero (cala)+2units (2 tricycloids)

and this guy shouldd be 4/5 after attacking a building

1 Like

@zango I’m finding this too stressful to continue. I will simply concede and drop out of the tournament. I’m realizing I really don’t want to deal with the constant replies from other people. I just want to play my casual games with Hugh.

well, that’s really unfortunate that our participation lead to stress on your end, obviously I have to respect that choice of yours. All the best for your casual games then.

@flagrantangles Apologies for the delays on my part and my sloppy mistakes latterly, leading to so much scrutiny/so many responses on here. You’ve been a wonderfully patient opponent and you’ve played me very well in this set. If you’re sure you want to resign then I will graciously accept. GG and WP as always my friend

1 Like

I am certain. It feels too much like being micromanaged and I don’t handle that well in any circumstance, let alone one in which I’m ostensibly playing a game for fun. I think I have to accept that forum tournaments just aren’t for me, even if I want them to be.

1 Like