[XCAFS18] CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed vs Bomber678 [Necro]/Truth/Blood

AGGGGGH CURSE YOU

But gg! Man that was well-played. Death hanging just out of reach. I was waiting for the moment when you’d fail to produce Free Speech.

3 Likes

I got real lucky with the draws, it’s true.
Turn five, right before reshuffle, I’m at 5 health and just look at the game state like “Unless I can cast Free Speech every turn from now until I win, I die” so I immediately teched 2 copies and hoped for the best.

Gg dude.

3 Likes

I was glued to my phone screen the whole time.

4 Likes

@Bryce_The_Rice :clap::clap::clap:

That was an amazing comeback, @CarpeGuitarrem you did a great job going at lethal and man, 4hp base…

GG to you both that was fun to watch!

4 Likes

I keep asking myself how I could’ve gotten more damage through, maybe not shoved literally all the burn spells in my deck, but…I think it was just a great game all around.

The wild thing is that Free Speech not only blocked burn spells, it also blocked 2 base damage.

3 Likes

@zhavier just to confirm this is legit, does Quince maxband work this way?

1 Like

It should; Octo had haste when it arrived.

EDIT: worst case, I think it’s two simultaneous effects that Bomber can order.

@CarpeGuitarrem Yeah man, it kept me in the game.

@FrozenStorm Oh geez, having checked the rulings I’m actually totally uncertain now. Have I cheated???

1 Like

Oh wait, it’s ok anyway, there’s still a line of play that kills without copying Octopus. I can get Glider out of my graveyard and copy that, dealing 8 damage through those instead. PHEW

2 Likes

Certainly haven’t cheated, certainly might be an incorrect interpretation of the rules though.

I know copies don’t inherit add-on props like an attached spell or runes, but the Drakk maxband modifier is unclear to me whether it would get copies by the maxband

1 Like

I found this here post which suggests that it does not gain haste granted by Drakk:

1 Like

In light of this, I shall go and edit my turn so that it is properly legal (but still very lethal)

Cool cool :slight_smile:

Good to know!

2 Likes

Thanks for calling me out, I gotta make sure I’m playing by the rules.

2 Likes

Slightly less cool, still lethal.

2 Likes

The True Cool version of that line is sacrificing Drakk into Zane to gain 1 more net base damage (after calculating loss of frenzy+extra overpower+drakk death base damage)

2 Likes

You have correctly identified the rulings, Octomirror would not get drakk haste just because the real Octo gets it.

And great game to you both.

4 Likes