[XCAFRR19 Round3] bolyarich [Feral]/Growth/Disease vs charnel_mouse [Balance]/Disease/Growth

And? He had no other units down when the Elemental suicided into Orpal.

EDIT: Wow, really? OK, I’ll take the - rune off of Tiny Basilisk.

Oh I misread the order of his turn, got it.

1 Like

Here, I went searching for the ruling and found it:

1 Like

I bow to your superior rules thread search skills.

1 Like

gg, @FrozenStorm.
i can’t recover from this, guess my game plans (first, with calamandra and tigers and second with stampede) were a bit chazing, which made my game state so bad. @charnel_mouse, why you didn’t put max orpal + sac somthing turn earlier, than you do in this party? i guess in such situation stampede could affect you much less.

1 Like

GG! Well played, you had me worried, but I got some very good Basilisk/D&D draws, and that Spore Shambler just topped it off.

I don’t know what “chazing” means, but going for a Tech 0 + heroes rush/Stampede against a deck with access to Tiny Basilisk and Carrion Curse was incredibly ballsy. I was really worried when I saw maxband Argagarg come out and realised I’d let you set up for it. I didn’t bring Orpal out earlier for two reasons:

• Early on, I didn’t want to play a hero while Calamandra was out. I started thinking about Carrion Curse when I saw you skip the Tech I, but I wanted to get Tiny Basilisks out first.
  • When I saw there was an incoming Stampede, I wanted Orpal on the next turn for a Carrion Curse, so didn’t want to get him killed. I also knew that I only had Tech 0 units in my next hand, so I just did a quick check you couldn’t destroy my base if I brought out Argagarg and his pets, and rolled with it, since you had no one to take the levels from the hero kill. Maxband Orpal would have been no good against all that Stampede armour.

EDIT: Yeah, I could have wiped out the Wisps and stuff, but Argagarg could have still buffed the Water Elemental and killed Orpal, so I preferred to get the Tiny Basilisk down to set up a hero kill instead.

1 Like

to chase - to play bad tactics, main idea is to to tricky things, that often doesn’t work well, but if opponent don’t ready, they would give you a win in a game. Like Ultimate spell rush or something like that. Works good, if our opponent doesn’t prepared. You were.

1 Like

Oh, chasing, right. It wasn’t what I was expecting at all – I was expecting a race to Disease + Growth for rune spam – but skipping Tech I twice is a very hard tell. Stampede at Tech I would have had a good chance to wreck me, since Tiny Basilisk can’t dance around the units then, and I wouldn’t have prepared for it.

Fun game, anyway! Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

1 Like

GL next to you too!)

1 Like