[XCAFRR19 Round2] charnel_mouse [Balance]/Disease/Growth vs Taz [Necromancy]/Blood/Present

Hey @Taz. Looks like we’re both on the same deck again, so we should know what we’re doing, right? :smiley:
I’ll put up the first turn in a bit.

P1T1

Starting hand: 5

Merfolk Prospector
Playful Panda
Rich Earth
Forest’s Favor
Ironbark Treant

Thoughts

No combat heroes to worry about here, no upgrade removal, no hasted stuff to worry about just yet. I think this is a good time to put down Rich Earth, and take away the Player 2 gold advantage. The first turn or two will be a bit rough while I get things down on the board, but what’s new? Argagarg can help out a bit there, and if I float a gold I can put down the Cub too for some return damage. Do I want to play the Prospector in Technician to try and bait a Deteriorate? No, because I’d have to play no units on the next turn. Workering the Ironbark Treant, it’s too risky to use against the Black starter spells.

Long term, Taz lacks upgrade removal, so Growth is the obvious way to go for MoLaC. Having Necromancy as the Black spec leaves no easy access to sparkshot, outside of Geiger – and Sentry, maybe a matchup where it’s useful enough to tech? – so I can spam Wisps too. Their best counter is lots of aggression, and, looking through their previous game, they know it. Maybe an early Moment’s Peace to help me stabilise is a good idea, instead of getting Argagarg out. On the other hand, I could make use of the extra gold from Rich Earth, and shoot for Plague Spitters early, to deal with both the Bone Collectors and any heroes. I’ll see what Taz opens with.

Get paid - ($4)
Rich Earth - ($1)
Worker
Discard 3, draw 5

Rich Earth (my workers are free)

:heart: Base HP: 20

Hand: 5

Young Treant
Verdant Tree
Rampant Growth
Spore Shambler
Tiger Cub

Deck: 0
Discard: 3

Merfolk Prospector
Playful Panda
Forest’s Favor

Card count check (opponent-viewable)

Expected: 10
1 workered
1 on board
5 in hand
0 in deck
3 in discard
Total: 10

Gold: 1
Workers: 5

4 x start
T1: Ironbark Treant

@Taz First turn with the decks swapped round, if you change your mind. If you don’t, no sweat.

P1T1

Starting hand: 5

Pestering Haunt
Poisonblade Rogue
Jandra, the Negator
Graveyard
Skeletal Archery

Thoughts

OK, I need early aggression, because I have no way to stop MoLaC. Skeletons are a Bad Idea with Orpal around, unless I quickly jump up for Skeleton Lords. Neither of us have heroes that are particularly good for early combat, Midori and Orpal are sort-of OK. I think I just open with Garth, he’s not especially easy to punish with Calamandra, and I’ve potentially got both attack spells in hand next turn. Or maybe I open with Jandra? That and Pestering Haunt can deal with an SQL unlevelled hero, or anything that isn’t Ironbark Treant, by themselves, but using Sacrifice the Weak next turn would mean delaying Tech I. Nah, I’ll open with Garth, maybe Skeleton archers can carry the day.

Get paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Garth Torken - ($1)
Garth raises a Skeleton - ($0)
Pestering Haunt
Discard 3, draw 5

Garth L1 1/3
Skeleton 1/1
Pestering Haunt 1/1 (unstoppable, attack limited to 1)

:heart: Base HP: 20

Hand: 5

Skeleton Javelineer
Thieving Imp
Deteriorate
Summon Skeletons
Sacrifice the Weak

Deck: 0
Discard: 3

Poisonblade Rogue
Graveyard
Skeletal Archery