[Tournament] Yomi Crunch Time - Gotta Go Fast! - Live!

3 new players plus some rarely seen old hands? Excellent!

4 Likes

OK, I’m typing this as I’m trying to recover from a cold (that I caught on New Year’s Day… what an omen, lol), but now that I’m used to my new job I think I can safely join this, especially since it’s fast-timer. May be a couple of days before I can do my first match just because I don’t want to still be sick during it, but I’d really like to play some Yomi again.

4 Likes

Look honestly fast timer is fun as hell. Let me in, chief. I’m excited to get bustered

5 Likes

Looks like it’s a little too late for me to sign up - I’ll ask anyways for next time, though. Are participants in Yomi tournaments required to have all characters unlocked? Decided to get back to it after a few years and realized I never bought the expansion - boy, is it expensive. I’m surprised that there is still no option to buy individual characters like in BattleCon Online. Needing to shell out the equivalent of another whole game for a group of characters, some of which I’m uninterested in, to gain access to tournaments/the ones I’m looking for, is a pretty hard ask.

1 Like

There’s no requirement that you own all 20 characters for the vast majority of tournaments.

3 Likes

My recommendation is to put the expansion on your wishlist on Steam. It regularly goes on sale about twice a year. If you can’t put the DLC on your wishlist, put Fantasy Strike or Puzzle Strike on your wishlist instead, since they all tend to go on sale at the same time.

3 Likes

You haven’t missed it yet, I haven’t had time to finalize, so I’ll put you in the lineup (gets us to a nice even 16 bracket)

4 Likes

Mmmmmmmmm that even 16 bracket at the last minute. Such a tease but so irrisistable.

4 Likes

Alright, the tournament bracket is finalized, and I’ll be sending out first match scheduling messages pronto.

@feebee, @feathers, @Weakling, @Samuelfrost4: You folks are new, so just as a heads up: you’ll be getting a private message on these forums from me to you and your opponent. You should use that thread to coordinate with them and arrange a time within the next week to play your match. Once you play, report the match results here on this thread.

4 Likes

Fluffy 4-1 @Nopethebard

:persephone::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::troq:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::troq:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::zane:

GGs!

5 Likes

@Castanietzsche 4 - 2 @undergroundmonorail
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: I didn’t focus that much on getting range, I built a good hand and threw. the robo headbutt + gyro spin combo was my plan and I touched one time with it !
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: setsuki blodger and BBB trying to get on range
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: I tried to play around piston hurricane but beta thrust is so good I finally changed my mind
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: I only hit setsuki once, mono’s mixup was both really efficient and imprevisible.
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: onimaru tasted the fully charged shuriken hail at 35hp and didn’t like it
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: very tight game, I didn’t block enough and had low damage output on combat win. but I depleted mono from quick throws and used many Ks. hopefully most of my two truths weren’t cancelled (despite I played them while my opponent had a large handsize). I finished with a Consent of the Governed ! :slight_smile:

your setsuki is awesome, games were so tense ! two last ones were really stressing ahahah
good luck for the rest of the tournament ! :smiley:

4 Likes

slight typo, you are currently tied 3-3

2 Likes

I assume, based on the description, that quince won.

2 Likes

Thanks, fixed !

2 Likes

Ivan vs vengfulpickle - 4:0
random :troq::psfist::pschip::setsuki::bbb::troq::geiger:
GGs mate. I got rly good draws and Troq is awesome when you draw well.

3 Likes

Hobusu vs @Caralad

:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :troq:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:

Final score: Hobusu 2 — Caralad 4
Caralad wins!

My first time playing fast timer in a tournament setting iirc, and considering my opponent I think I did fairly well… though I also got extremely lucky and drew at least one Joker every game, usually both of them. Realized that I need to re-learn how to use Troublesome Rhetoric in knockdown situations and also learn how to use it against grapplers at all, haha.

4 Likes

Weakling vs @Samuelfrost4
Samuel wins 4-2
:rook::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:rook::pschip::psfist::jaina:
:degrey::pschip::psfist::jaina:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::lum:
:rook::pschip::psfist::lum:

3 Likes

fee bee vs @feathers
:degrey::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:degrey::pschip::psfist::geiger:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::geiger:

Final score
fee bee 4 — Feathers 1

4 Likes

Shax vs @PumpedAaron
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:grave::pschip::psfist::troq: This was going badly then I won combat with TPotS. Then I lost combat and he killed me anyways
:grave::psfist::pschip::troq:
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:grave::pschip::psfist::troq: He had the nerve to throw me. A lot.
:bbb::psfist::pschip::troq: I never got rolling in range, so we had a pretty close game to end it.

Final score:
Shax wins 4-2

1 Like

When should we expect round 2 convos to go out?