THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOW UNDERWAY!
Bracket can be found here: challonge.com/LLL3oaK
Hey guys! Internet’s Eternal Phenomenon here, and I think it’s time for another long-form tournament.
Or, as our favorite bamboo-eating gambler likes to say,
#LUM’S LUCKY LOTTERY
3rd Edition: 3 of a Kind
- Double elimination
- Best of 7
- Medium timer
- Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set.
- Random is the only character you may begin with.
- Loser may choose whether to re-random either their own or their opponent’s character for counterpicking.
- Double-Down counts as a win for both players unless they are at match point, both players re-random
- Do not use Blind Pick to ensure the choosing of “Random” from both players. Any player deliberately choosing their character is grounds for a DQ.
- Matches will be played weekly!
- No EX characters (obviously)
- Must have all characters unlocked (or access to at least 70 tokens/gold for randoming per match)
Important: Re-randoming should be done by choosing “New Game” and having both players re-pick with blind pick off so that you can ensure that someone is really picking “Random”. Snooze and you lose on that if you just took their word for it. There should be no reason for blind pick to be on at any point in this tournament. (You can also see it in the opening line of the history window, it should say [Character Name]] (Random) if you forget to duck out of match.)
Signups will be open until Saturday, September 2nd at 11:59 PM UTC (See here to figure out when that is for you), with opening round conversations going out Sunday the 3rd. Confirm your signup, or feel free to ask any questions you may have here. Let’s do ourselves a favor with this tourney and have some goofy fun!
Also, if anyone knows how to center text on this god-forsaken software so I can make this post a little more like what I want it to, that’d be swell.
- Mystic Deadman
- Southpaw Hare
- mystictraitor mysticjuicer