[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous Winter Swiss 2021 (CAWS21) Signups now open! Tourney Starts Jan 3rd

Dreamfire was P1 in our match round 4.

The alternative is I give you your 5th P1 assignment thoughā€¦?

Fair enough.

GGs to @zango and congrats to Dreamfire on giving Zhav his first loss, weā€™re now down to 3 players!

Zhav will take a bye to the ā€œwinnerā€™s sideā€ of finals, and weā€™ll have a round 5 rematch for Bansa (now going first to flip the previous matchup) and Dreamfire.

GL HF Semifinalists! Winner gets a shot to try and go back to back against zhav, itā€™ll be an uphill climb through a ā€œresetā€ though!

CAWS21 Round 8 SEMIFINALS:

1. [CAWS21] Round 8 SEMIFINALS: P1 bansa [Blood/Fire]/Feral :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: :3rd_place_medal: P2 Dreamfire [Necromancy]/Discipline/Present

zhavies gets a bye

3 Likes

Sorry for again being a smartass, but shouldnā€™t Bansa get the bye? Dreamfire has played both left standing twice and zhavier has one victory more than Bansa so rule 3 for the byes should take priorityā€¦?

That would have zhav playing a rematch of the round immediately previous, which to your credit is not in the nit-picky details, but it ought to be in there as a priority to avoid. Itā€™s repetitive player experience as well as spectating, and it also doesnā€™t set up in this instance to reward Zhav for strong enough play to have a game lead nor does it guarantee a lowering of the field. All of that adds up to more work for me and Iā€™d like to have the field narrow for ease of tracking as well as the potential ā€œbracket resetā€ finals as a hype finish.

I think Iā€™m going to have to elect you tourney organizer for XCAPS though zango :wink: Iā€™m just doing my best to make for fairness & fun for the players and I think you have much stronger feelings about enumerating the nit-picky details than I do

4 Likes

Sorry for getting on your nerves and your arguments are obviously good ones. The next tournament will be an X one. May I ask you to lead through the proceedings of how to choose the game mode for it and to be a judge in the tournament?
If so Iā€™m happy to lift the burden of doing the pairings from your shoulders. Alternatively Iā€™m happy to promise to completely shut up about such things in the future :pray:
And also a huge sorry for unintentionally being rude. You are doing a fantastic job for the community and I didnā€™t value this with my comments! Thank you!

3 Likes

No worries mate, sorry for being a little snippy myself, I know youā€™re just trying to understand the rationale and itā€™s intentionally not 100% by the letter b/c itā€™s trying to be flexible on the variety of inputs. Maybe that isnā€™t ideal Tournament Organizing but Iā€™m just a volunteer here :wink:

1 Like

I understand nothing about Swiss tournaments so it looks great to me

1 Like

GGs to @Dreamfire going out in third place! Congrats on a great run in the tournament.

Now there are two, @bansa and @zhavier. Itā€™s bansa effectively joining from ā€œloserā€™s bracketā€, a win this round will force a reset and side swap.

Will this be the last round w/ Zhav staying on just the one loss? Or will we get some bonus Codex? Spectate and find out, GL to both players!

Zhav went first in this matchup most recently and has one fewer P2 start so bansa will take P1

CAWS21 Round 9 FINALS:

1. [CAWS21] Round 9 FINALS: P1 bansa [Blood/Fire]/Feral :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: :2nd_place_medal: vs :1st_place_medal: P2 zhavier [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
3 Likes

Thanks for the tourney and games everyone! Life getting busier so wonā€™t be around for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to @zhavier on the victory, just a single loss all tourney! GGs to @bansa in 2nd, a great run on a fun burn deck :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who participated, Iā€™ll start a separate thread for polling what the XCAPS twist should be for our spring tourney!

3 Likes