Team USA vs the World - Saturday, Nov 18th @ 6pm EST

The five member USA team is now full. I will list you as the 1st alternate. We still need two players for the World team.

Iā€™m not sure I follow the last step. Whatever the format, I definitely like ā€œloser is determined when each member of a team has taken a lossā€ though. Iā€™m not too fussed about the exact details of how we get there.

Here is an example of the seeding:
#1 USA vs 1 World - 1 USA wins
#2 USA vs 2 World - 2 World wins
#3 USA vs 3 World - 3 World wins
#4 USA vs 4 World - 4 USA wins
#5 USA vs 5 World - 5 World wins

The world leads 3-2 at the end of the seeding round. The next steps would look like this:

#1 USA vs 2 World - 2 World wins

The world leads 4-2 at this point. The next match is:

#4 USA vs 2 World - 4 USA wins

The world leads 4-3. The next match would be:

#4 USA vs 3 World - 3 World wins

The match concludes with a victory for the world, and they win the series 5-3. They had to defeat the remaining USA winners during the seeded round to win the match. This gives everyone a chance. I will work on making the rules more clear if people like this format.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious how the historical win % ranking compares to the ELO ranking.

1 Like

It probably looks similar. I think that ELO would have more recency bias. That is not a bad thing. We could use either one.

Here is alternative example with traditional seeding:
#1 USA vs 5 World - 1 USA wins
#2 USA vs 4 World - 4 World wins
#3 USA vs 3 World - 3 World wins
#4 USA vs 2 World - 4 USA wins
#5 USA vs 1 World - 1 World wins

The world leads 3-2 at the end of the seeding round. The next steps would look like this:

#1 USA vs 1 World - 1 World wins

The world leads 4-2 at this point. The next match is:

#4 USA vs 1 World - 4 USA wins

The world leads 4-3. The next match would be:

#4 USA vs 3 World - 3 World wins

The match concludes with a victory for the world, and they win the series 5-3.

Edit:

We could also have the seeds play in reverse order. This would allow the top seeds to remain active until the final matches.

Basically, the first round would be a seeded elimination round that everyone has a chance to play. The final rounds would involve the top seeds that have not been eliminated. At this point, the winner stays on. The match would not end until all the remaining players on one side are eliminated.

1 Like

I want to play for the USA

:gloria::geiger::troq:

1 Like

Since the USA roster slots filled up faster than the world, I propose that I defect to Canada. This would allow @ClanNatioy in and put @sharpobject into the first alternate slot for the USA. This would leave one roster slot left for the World team.

1 Like

Letā€™s see if there are other World takers out there first. :smiley:

1 Like

2x :vendetta: on USA, I thought we were taking this seriously =b

5 Likes

You know if Ryker pops in, itā€™ll be 7 vendettas at least

1 Like

My team will be :troq: :gwen: and :grave:

2 Likes

I decided to move forward with the seeded format. I cleaned up the rules in the initial post. If there are any further questions, I would be more than happy to assist.

1 Like

This will be spectacular. Cant wait to watch it. Will be there anyone who cast this, pls? /With comments? - @Leontes/@MadKing/ , @neigutten /if you do not participate/, @snoc anyone else?

3 Likes

The decision has been made to use @vengefulpickle ā€˜s ELO chart to seed the tournament. Here are the current seeds and ELO numbers. Let me know if anything is wrong.

USA

1. @Fluffiness - 1073
  2. @flagrantangles - 1024
  3. @Niijima-san - 994
  4. CKR - 941
  5. @SouthpawHare - 873

World

1. @mysticjuicer - 1100
  2. @Caralad - 988
  3. @bob199 - 957

Edit: I will allow all players to switch their character roster up to twenty four hours before the event. This is in the interest of fairness.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t expect to be second seed for the U.S. :open_mouth:

Looks like Iā€™ll have to scout out the downtown area and find a place to use the internet so I can guarantee my attendance.

5 Likes

Yeah. When vengefulpickle wondered how ELO would compare to the historical win rate, I thought the numbers wouldnā€™t be that much different. Your ELO surprised me. I am really glad that he did the work to add this feature. It allows me to see those under the radar players that are making significant strides. Keep up the good work, unless you are playing me.

5 Likes

I should get this as a tattooā€¦

5 Likes

wait how am i nr 1

1 Like