Solo Shodown

hey, sorry, but i think i need to withdraw from my remaining matches for this tournament. (I don’t think there were many left anyhow?) thanks for the tourney @Nopethebard and @vengefulpickle, i enjoyed it.

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 0 MR

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: super tense low HP finish

ggs MR

5 Likes

Great games man, you totally read me this time. :wink:
Sorry for stepping away at once, but since we (well you above all :smiley: ) made it so fast, I had to answer to my wife’s orders immediately :rofl:

5 Likes

No worries at all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

NopetheBard beats Snoc 3-2
:chibirook: > :chibigloria: 2X
:chibirook: < :chibigloria: 2X
:chibirook: > :chibigloria:
Healing sphere and Gloria K set the pace of this MU. GGs

3 Likes

GGs. This MU is an interesting one and I’d forgotten a lot of the rule interactions - Q followup disabling Healing Sphere and Rock Armor not counting as winning combat are some important ones that it’s easy to forget about. I was pretty down after the first two losses, but came close to the runback at the end there, after going a long way down in the decider, committing to the Twilight Key to bring it down to the last couple of combats. You had the reads on me well in the first couple, but then I managed to figure it out, except for those 3* and 5* blocks.

Video is uploading/processing, I’ll post the link to the other thread.

4 Likes

Alright, that concludes the pools portion of the tournament. I’ll be sending out match notices for the top-8 single elim phase real-soon-now.

2 Likes

Bracket for the finals: Solo Shodown Finals - Challonge

mastrblastr 3 - 2 @vengefulpickle
:zane:< :zane:
:zane:< :zane:
:zane: > :zane:

:zane: :psfist: :psfist: :zane: double anarchy KO

When it got to game 5 we said “at least this will be the last game” AND THEN IT WASN’T

9 Likes

The Zanest possible result, imo.

7 Likes

NopetheBard beats Mysticjuicer 3-2!

:chibirook: > :chibizane:
:chibirook: < :chibizane:
Screw MA
:chibirook: < :chibizane:
Screw MA
:chibirook: > :chibizane: 2X
GGs @mysticjuicer good luck here on

8 Likes

Rook too stronk. :smiley: I’m glad I at least made you sweat a bit.

6 Likes

migohunter vs @TheZipBon

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:

Had to make quite a comeback in game 2 and a mini comeback in game 3 for those to be wins. Close set, I had the two truths and the mixups on my side.

7 Likes

Caralad vs @MR75

:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:

GG’s MR. A pleasure as always.

5 Likes

NopetheBard beats Caralad 3-0

:chibirook: > :chibivalerie: 3X

Thanks for a fun match, Caralad!

6 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @migohunter
:zane: > :quince: I went completely animal, was at 3 cards all game basically but just kept converting and applying pressure until it was too much.
:zane: > :quince: get blended T1 and lose 65% of my life, use a blue burst to escape get some cards, power up for anarchy but have to power up 999777 to do it. hand is AAAA344. migo downbacks, i spam dodges except for each turn that i grab a throw i throw. draw like 4 throws in a row and get a J from Shens and just throw loop him from full to 0 never use the aces at all.
:zane: > :quince: get lucky with a J off shens on early combat win and had J in opener and do big damage. Quince has blue burst to escape lethal but he’s at 7 I’m at 70. my throw loses to his 567J and just like that I lose a ton. End up my 2 undercutting his A while I’m KD on what would effectively have been last combat if I lose it.

GGs man, such a brutal MU and you still made it a very scary proposition. Sorry it had to be you. Now time for what is Zane’s probable hardest MU in Grand Finals, as it should be. Let’s get it.

6 Likes

results inside spoiler because cpat recorded with commentary and is uploading now

mastrblastr 3 - 0 nopethebard
:zane: > :rook: close game he had 4 aces for a long time, I called bluffs and downbacked and protected AA built a hand powered for anarchy, ended up winning with throws.
:zane: > :rook: got him to 49 had a really bad hand, powered up everything for anarchy, end up dodging into it and playing vs facedown because my hand was so bad i thought I had to gamble.
:zane: > :rook: have a hand of 333557TTT** power up whole hand for anarchy play it its blocked. play gold burst gold burst, one lands, power up the rest of my hand for anarchy. end up doing throw loops getting him KD and continuing to throw and K beast his wakeupattack for the final 10dmg
GGs, ty for comiing up with the tourney, and I’m happy to finally not get 2nd in a tourney again lol

3 Likes

It was pain. Unadulterated pain. I still don’t understand how this is supposed to be Rook favored, since the the threat of MA largely shuts him down.

Please excuse the scuff. Recording glitch means the first six or so minutes are toast. Commentary is questionable, but that’s par for the course.

Video

[YOMI] Solo Shodown (2020): Grand Finals - mastrblastr(Zane) vs. Nopethebard(Rook) - YouTube

5 Likes

Very late on this, but here are three videos of my matches from this tournament:

Daniel vs @Owlflame

Solo Showdown: Daniel vs Owlflame - YouTube

Daniel vs @Nopethebard

Solo Showdown: Daniel vs MollyTheBard - YouTube

Daniel vs @Cu3ert

Solo Showdown: Daniel vs Owlflame - YouTube

3 Likes