Solo Shodown

NopetheBard beats yjuq 3-0
:chibirook: > :chibigloria:
Pretty decisive 1st game, then the 2nd game was closer. Game 3 ended with a long round of Murder Super Chicken, which I narrowly won with AA. I never actually had CMB but pretended that I did with 3 As most of the game
GGs, yjuq! Good luck in your future matches!

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 1 Ivan

:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:

ggs Ivan

6 Likes

Ivan vs MysticDeadman - 3:1
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
GGs, mate. I got rly good draws all games :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Caralad vs @ArthurWynne

:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone:

I never want to play this MU ever again as long as I live.

4 Likes

And you may not have to! :slight_smile:

Please take me out of the tournament. Iā€™m done with Yomi for the foreseeable future. I canā€™t play often enough to stay in practice, so thereā€™s no point.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that, but yeah, weā€™ll take you out of the bracket.

@snoc v @Owlflame

hidden if you want to watch the vid without spoilerss

:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: drew about half my deck before finding any hearts or 10s by which point Menelker has roughed me up down to 20-30hp (mostly by a T1-2 throw A+) so Iā€™ve had to do some emergency 0-value healing to stay in the game. Eventually manage to Jack/Overdose my way into a 50/50 mixup to close it out with an OD to leave me at 4hp.
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: Again a slowish start for me, but not quite as bad as the first game. I go pretty low hand but manage to stick a Healing Sphere long enough to get some fuel, but Menelker does so much damage. Eventually I manage to close it out, this time doing the winning Overdose from 12hp.
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: This time the deck gives me everything I need on a plate, opening with Aā€‹:heart:, 10 and J in hand, and Iā€™m starting to get some reads on Owlflame too. Before too long I am looking at a 50hp-15hp advantage, and only a Bonecracker into my ā€œsafeā€ dodge can delay the inevitable by preventing me from ODing that turn. Iā€™m not sure if following up there was correct, as it let me pull the A back into hand to do it again, but I guess you have to try to close down the deficit somehow.

GGs, this matchup is a real blur and although Iā€™m pretty sure that the hand disruption tools Menelker has give him the advantage, they take a bit of knowledge to apply correctly (Game 2 you had to make me discard the Aā™„, never a 7 when I have another in hand) and sometimes you do just die to Gloria getting her engine running early and just losing combat.

Video uploading, will post in the other thread.

2 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @GutterOwl

:zane::psfist::pschip::persephone:

All three games were just Zane doing massive damage off of incidental combat wins. I threatened anarchy in the last game, and then never had to play it because it warped the triangle too much. Also, @GutterOwl got exactly :zero: jokers in all 3 games.

GGs!

4 Likes

That is brutal. Maximum Anarchy was a mistake

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 1 Cu3ert

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta:

ggs Cu3ert

3 Likes

:gloria: Daniel vs Yjuq :gloria:
(Spoiler: :gloria: won every round)

Real Spoilers

D :gloria: > :gloria: Y
D :gloria: < :gloria: Y (Ended with Sun and Moon Trade!)

Final Tally: Dan 3 - 1 Yjuq

No video since I didnā€™t think to record.
(Maybe I didnā€™t need to hide the results, but I wanted to try the ā€œhide detailsā€ thing.)

5 Likes

:midori: TheZipBon 3-1 @undergroundmonorail :setsuki:.
ggs.

4 Likes

MR vs @Nopethebard 3-1

:grave::psfist::pschip::rook:
:grave::pschip::psfist::rook:

Respect and GGs

4 Likes

Weā€™re just waiting on 1 more game (@mastrblastr/@migohunter) before I roll to the next set of matches.

3 Likes

hopefully getting this done nowish, if not then tomorrow

2 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 2 @migohunter
:zane: < :quince: hand started 288AA** topdeck was another 8 and then the 4th 8. Have no idea what the hell Iā€™m supposed to do with this hand. Great vs most of cast, unplayable vs quince?
:zane: > :quince: perfect, giant damage combos every turn
:zane: > :quince: got hit by raw Q twice, took no other damage, had all 4 2ā€™s this game but maximum jank combos of 8-10 damage off 3 of them although 1 had an incredibly important undercut, pulled it out by my raw Q beating 5 while I was KD
:zane: < :quince: close game, just got outplayed and out yomiā€™d on key combats
:zane: > :quince: I completely range shifted here blocked 7 of first 8 combats and didnā€™t start going in until i got worthwhile combos.

GGs, I definitely had god draws and feel I finally cashed in on throwing vs Migo in these KD spots a lot in the past and beat a lot of KD duffs which added yet another really interesting dynamic in the meta we have with each other.

5 Likes

Iā€™m treating Solo Showdown as good practice for bad matchups and I definitely enjoyed our set. Wish I drew more jokers, but thatā€™s always the wish vs a character like Zane! Definitely a loss I was still happy with, GGs as always.

6 Likes

Owlflame has beat Yjuq 3-0

7 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @DanielStretulch

:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:

Southpaw 3 - 1 Daniel Stretulch
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

Video of match is coming later. (: