[Series] Monocolor Matchup Madness 1! Sign up today!

Reminder for everyone, if you’re looking for a match, these are a great way to deep-dive on matchups and help us all learn more about the game!

2 Likes

I’m interesting in signing up here if still possible. My vast experience is with black although I’m interested in learning more of purple (as I have now recently lost twice IRL against my brother and want to up my game!). Let me know if I can join the madness here, otherwise I’m cool with playing friendlies.

2 Likes

@Andreas you are absolutely welcome to join in! The spreadsheet is in the OP, sign up for a matchup there and let people know what you signed up for, then find someone to pair off with (I’d likely volunteer fyi ^_^)

Thanks @FrozenStorm.

Ok I’ve signed up for Green vs Black series, as Green. I think this will be a match up that I’m both comfortable with (from familiarity with black and some green) and a good training piece for me as green. Let me know who would like to take up black =D

2 Likes

I’ll happily take up black once I’ve finished my purple vs white matchup vs Bob199 (just finished our 2nd real game).
If anyone else wants to take it before then, be my guest.

1 Like

Friendly reminder to any or all interested to try out a series of mono-colors! I’m game to play a side against anyone who wants to sign up here Mono-color Matchup Madness 1! - Google Tabellen

I played warmups as White vs @Penatronic’s Red, but we didn’t get to play the series and haven’t seen him around for a while. Anyone interested in trying out that matchup?

I’d be willing, @petE

1 Like

Great, I’ll set up a warm-up thread

I think it’s fair to say that Jadiel and myself are probably not going to complete the Blue vs. Purple series… We had a very long warm-up, then Jadiel dropped out and since then I kind of dropped out of playing in the forums. It wasn’t a great match-up is he wiped the floor with me brilliantly, so perhaps someone else wants to try. I’d be willing to pick up Purple if someone else wants but we’d have to warm up again because I don’t really remember what happened…

@holytispon I’m not a very experienced player, certainly not with Blue, but with enough of a warm-up I hope I can make for a fair match-up.

Alright, @Dreamfire, start a thread. I haven’t played for a while and I don’t remember much of the match-up so I don’t think I’ll be a huge challenge for you.

Well, @Bob199 and I just finished Purple V White. Final score was 10-0 to purple, and white only managed to win 1 of the warm up games (when purple teched badly). Purple seems really good at slowing/stopping white’s early aggression by picking off key units with Nullcraft and Stewardess. Mox + Battlesuits allow purple the ability slowly gain the board presence to build tech 2 first, and Plasmodium generally arrives just in time to protect it. The ability to take T1 plays, upgrade them, and put them into T4 to help stabilize is very powerful against a colour that likes to snowball as much as white.

3 Likes

Anyone wants to pick up Black vs Purple? Once I’m done with the series against Dreamfire (who has been crushing me), I’d be down for it. I’m not the best of players in the world, but this match-up for always of interest to me.

I’m always happy to do the purple side, if you want to take the black?

1 Like

Either way. I like both colors. I actually wouldn’t mind doing it on both sides, but we have to take it one step at a time. I can start with Black.

1 Like

Also I always thought serving on the wall is better than beheading.

1 Like

We can start the warm up and take it easy and then start the actual series after I finish the one I’m doing right now.

1 Like

Sure start the warmup games when you are ready then :slight_smile:

1 Like

HolyTispon and I are almost done with Blue vs. Purple, and I’d be happy to pick up another match-up afterwards.

Blue vs. White and Blue vs. Red appear to be the only ones that are still unclaimed (though a few others seem to be stalled?). Personally I’d rather take a break from Blue, so would anyone else care to pick up the Flagstone banner? I’m fine doing either of Red or White, though I’ll need a serious warm-up with White.