Rules Questions thread

I’m just throwing out options

1 Like

So will a number of things, like how flying is handled and the inability to assemble a deck that cleanly beats another inherently

So, Abomination gives -1/-1 as a passive stat thing upon arrival, rather than dealing -1/-1 chits, right?

Yes. While he’s around, everything else has -1/-1.

1 Like

The current Overpower rulings say that excess damage can still be transfered to “something else this could have attacked” even if the original target didn’t die (two lives, indestructible, …).
What happens if the original target was the Squad Leader (or the only patroller). Do you choose the overpower target as if the first target had died or does the excess damage fizzle?

You choose the overpower target as if you aren’t forced to attack the first target. So you can overpower from squad leader to other patrollers, or if there’s only one patroller you are forced to attack, you can overpower from that patroller to a non-patroller.

2 Likes

If “End of Turn” effects happen during your turn, how could “Until end of turn” resolve on your opponent’s turn? Seems like “Until end of turn” ought to resolve before “End of Turn”.

“End of turn: Do X” is a triggered ability, so those necessarily happen one at a time and in some order. So we have to decide on a time for those to happen! We could put them in your turn, at the end, or we could put them in your opponent’s turn, in the ready step or something. We’ve put them in your turn. This is nice because then they happen while you’re the active player!

“X until end of turn” effects all expire simultaneously at the moment your turn ends, which is also the moment the next player’s turn begins.

1 Like

Oh, okay! Does the same rule hold for giving a unit back after a Kidnapping? It returns to its owner with arrival fatigue?

Since you give it back by the end of your turn, they will have it at the beginning of their ready step and it won’t have arrival fatigue. However, if your opponent controls one of your units with mind control, and then you destroy mind control (with nature reclaims, for example), then the unit you get back will have arrival fatigue.

1 Like

That moment can’t be on both players turns, though, right? Otherwise a Bugblatter would do 2 damage in the above situation. There are no moments in this game that exist on both players turns, are there?

I dunno, I think that “Until end of turn” effects technically resolving on your opponent’s turn rather than yours is a really counter-intuitive interpretation of the text.

That would mean that units returned to me after Kidnapping would not be readied at the start of my turn, since I didn’t “control it at the beginning of my turn”.

Ah, subtle. Thanks!

It doesn’t resolve on your opponent’s turn, it expires as your turn ends. So for this Manufactured Truth thing, for the entirety of your turn starting when you cast it, your unit is a copy of some other unit. Then, for the entirety of your opponent’s turn, it’s not a copy of some other unit.

Thanks, phrased like that it makes a lot more sense to me.

Hi. The Brick Thief does damage/repairs buildings. I just wanted to confirm that your base is not a building. Thanks!

It is indeed a building. The brick thief wouldn’t have any valid targets on turn 1 and probably turn 2 if your base wasn’t a building, which would be pretty bad for a tech 0 card.

Thanks! It makes a lot of sense when you put it that way :slight_smile:

Like zhavier pointed out, your base is a building. Dealing direct damage to it is one of the main threats of the Fire spec.

Can Sentry prevent more than 1 point of damage if it all comes from a single spell/ability? The rulings sheet specifically calls out sparkshot and the tower, but those do 1 damage anyway.

1 Like

Firstly, I don’t see how you can ever prevent Tower damage done to one of your patrollers? I see that in the rulings sheet, though; seems puzzling.

Pretty sure Sentry prevents at most 1 damage per turn, total.

2 Likes