Rules Questions thread

Yes, he always has haste.

1 Like

I think EricF was mentioning Blooming Ancient because it has a trigger off the arrival of a hero. No other units have such an arrival trigger related to heroes.

If Zane maxbands and the Patrol Zone is full … according to “do as much as you can” I would target a unit, not move it but deal 1 damage.

Is that correct?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

4 Likes
  1. When building a tech 2 building, can I summon a second hero in the same turn or do I have to wait for the next turn (when the construction of the tech building has finished)?
  2. If a building card gets destroyed (such as Verdant Tree, Morningstar Pass, etc.), does that players base take 2 damage?
  3. Can an attacker with Obliterate “redeclare” its attack target in the middle of the attack swing if the original target got destroyed by the Obliterate effect? This might happen if the opponent’s SQL is the lowest tech unit.
  1. You have to wait.
  2. No, your base does not take damage.
  3. Yes, you must attack something else if the thing you are attacking leaves play because of obliterate.
2 Likes

Oh! Why is that?

Base only takes damage if Tech buildings or Add-Ons are destroyed.

2 Likes

If an opponent is patrolling two units against my mid-band Rook, but one of them has flying, does it still prevent Rook from walking past the non-flying patroller?

Yes, Birds are a reasonable neuter to Rook.

3 Likes

Casting Dreamscape and Hallucination on the same turn (or separate turns) allows to kill two (potentially opposing) tech 0, I or II units, because the first makes them illusions and the second targets them (even though they are just becoming illusions again).

Correct or is the targeting of Hallucination not applicable because they already are illusions?

You’re correct.

1 Like
Race-related question

My opponent, lettucemode, has his Rambasa Twins in Scavenger and Technician. If I kidnap one of them and suicide it into the other, how many of them return to his Codex? I’m expecting the answer to be only one of them, but I want to make sure. I doubt the answer will change my turn, I just want to know so that I can write down my turn correctly.

1 Like
Summary

Actually, both of them will return to the Codex, since your Twin is the first of yours to die, and his is the first of his to die, so both return to the Codex (and any time something returns to a hand, discard pile, or Codex, it goes back to the person who started the game with that card)

5 Likes

And that’s why I asked! Thanks!

1 Like

Does this mean that the card text in codexcarddb.com is incorrect? I was confused because it’s different to what is printed on the card, and I thought that meant it had been updated. As printed I agree with what you said, but the codexcarddb.com text is more ambiguous…

1 Like

@sharpobject good question, Jadiel. The wording of “The first time a Rambasa Twin dies each turn, return him to his owner’s codex.” implies that in a mono-white mirror match, there could be Twins dying on both sides of the table, and only the first would return to a Codex.

Was this an intentional stealth errata?

This is probably a data entry error.

Edit: The canonical text of all cards is in the card images or the physical cards. The data on codexcarddb.com was entered by reading the cards.

Edit again: As far as I know only Fruit Ninja has an error on the card.

1 Like

Not withstanding any official errata (eg Oblitterate), correct?

what error?!?

1 Like