Rules Questions thread

If you’re going in there to edit anyway, could you add/clarify Prynn’s rulings on how her maxband and midband interact? see this part of the thread.

New thunderclap question (previous was can thunderclap target non patrolling illusions, answer was yes)

Does one of thunderclaps targets have to be a non patrolling flagbearer? Answer seems like it would also be yes. (assumes it is 2 cost)

Yes. If a flagbearer is a legal target, it must be targeted.

1 Like

One flagbearer must be targeted, so if you have both Spectal Flagbearers in play, the Thunderclap only needs to target one of them.

Also, if your opponent puts a Vortoss emblem on one of your cheap guys, that guy might soak up one of the thunderclap targets.

1 Like

If your own hero does on your turn, does your opponent’s hero still gain 2 levels? If he has multiple heroes, do you choose which gains the levels as the active player? If one is already max-banded, can you grant that one 2 levels to effectively remove the leveling from the hero death?

If your hero dies on your turn, you have to give 2 levels to an opposing hero. If your opponent has no heroes (or only a maxbanded hero), it is occasionally a smart play to intentionally suicide a hero of yours likely to get killed by your opponent, so that they can’t get those levels onto another hero they bring out.

Also, if you intend to kill an opponent’s hero and they have multiple heroes out, you can suicide one of your heroes, give the levels to the hero you intend to kill, bring out a new hero, then kill the opposing hero you gave the levels to, also as a way to mitigate your opponent gaining levels on to the “right” hero.

2 Likes

To answer your second/third questions more explicitly: Yes, you choose; and no, you have to choose to grant the levels to the one who is not already max level.

1 Like

What happens if you target an indestructible illusion?

I’d guess that it’d just exhaust? That’s an interesting one…

Copying immortals and Glaxx’s and Mox’s onto mirrors is totally legit. While the illusion is indestructible, yes, it would just exhaust.

If you manufactured truth an illusion to be a non-illusion (like calling a mirror token a Cadet or Brave Knight), can you target it with something like Boot Camp or Elite Training without killing it?

I would think so. The manufactured unit is an exact copy of the original. So unless the original was an illusion. Quince’s effects specifically call out that the mirror tokens become Illusion copies, or retain their Illusion status.

1 Like

Also true, manufactured truth doesn’t have any illusion stipulations like quince’s mid and maxband.

agrees with @mysticjuicer

1 Like

I just had one of those :ok_hand::nauticaldog::ok_hand: moments XD Thanks you two

1 Like

Remember to update the relevant thread! :wink:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that…
I’d like to check with someone like @sharpobject or @Sirlin

I would think an illusion is always an illusion, right?

Manufactured Truth turns something into a copy of the printed version of the card. So unless copied card has “illusion” printed on it, the transformed thing is no longer an illusion. In the same way that if you used Manufactured Truth to turn a Soldier type unit into something else, it would no longer get +1 Atk from Battle Suits.

Quince’s mid and maxband abilities are different because they specifically call out that they make “illusion copies”, not just copies.

2 Likes

I had a question and I didn’t find an explicit answer in the rulebook.
Can a unit have two instances of Sparkshot ?
For example, does an Onimaru’s Soldier benefit from the additionnal Sparkshot of Elite Training ?

I know this has been used in the recent Casual Pook vs cstick game in PbF, but I wanted to be sure of this.
Extract of the game :
“One of the trained up Soldier Tokens attacks your Air Elemental, using each of his two instances of sparkshot to kill a wisp on either side of the Elemental.”

1 Like

You read my mind. I was just about to ask that.

1 Like

Clarification: Can Prynn’s maxband ability take time runes off of any permanent?

Also: I want to voice again that her “dies from fading” and “immediately dies from fading” ruling is confusing.

Last question: Where do I post to ask about rules of cool?