Rules Questions thread

If you use Manufactured Truth to turn a card unit into a Bird, then lose Bird’s Nest on the same turn, the card would be trashed.

2 Likes

Oh, that does not sound desirable.

To be fair, that interaction could also happen with Hardened Mox, the Ghost from Hero’s Monument, and with Quince’s mid- and maxband. But all those cards require the “trash” wording because they’re indestructible / can copy something indestructible.

1 Like

Am I right to assume that this is correct and the unit still has swift strike?

1 Like

Yes, that seems to be the consensus.

1 Like

Yeah, Ferocity is given to the unit, not the controller.

1 Like

Is sparkshot mandatory or can the attacking player decide whether he wants to deal that damage?

The wording is “When attacking a patroller, deals 1 damage to an adjacent patroller.” I don’t see a ‘may’ there, so I’d say it’s mandatory. Same as say Bamstamper Lizzo, unlike say Fairie Dragon.

3 Likes

Hey there, that’s a great game that i just started to understand and this forum is gold :slight_smile:
I have a noob question: if a unit/heroe is exhausted in the enemy board and i want to attack this exhausted unit/heroe then how i ve to proceed?

1. the exhausted units/heroes take damage from the attacker and give back damage
  2. the exhausted units/heroes take damage from the attacker and DOESN’T give back damage
  3. the exhausted units/heroes can’t be attacked?

Checked in forum/rules but i can’t figure out how to manage this.
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to this awesome game!
It’s the first

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer and time. You’re right it’s an incredible game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! One thing regarding Orpal Gloor’s maxband I don’t see a ruling for - if multiple units with -1/-1 runes die at the same time, I would think that only one set of runes from Orpal’s ability would be distributed; but what if two opposing units with runes die at the same time?

“The first time a unit with a -1/-1 rune dies each turn, the active player puts a -1/-1 rune on two units friendly to the dead unit.”

If two units who are not friendly and both have -1/-1 runes die at the same time, active player chooses where to put the runes.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bryce! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meaning units on both sides would be legal targets? Hypothetically, as the active player I can choose one opposing and one friendly unit? Sorry for nitpicking.

No, the two units that you place runes on must both be friendly to the same unit; the active player chooses which unit that dies is the one that triggers the ability.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

Ey there! I’m going to play a free for all game with 5 players. On the rulebook it’s not clear if the players should play with one hero each or three hero each. Or it is doable in both way?

Thanks!

Hey, there!

Free-for-all is intended to be played with standard decks, i.e. three specs/heroes each. Single-hero is just meant for learning games with Bashing and Finesse. You could do it with one hero each, but it might turn out rather lopsided.

1 Like

what would have happened if one of us had exactly one unit? Would still the whole effect have fizzled or only the parts where there is a choice to make?
I assume it also would have fizzled completely.
What if both players have exactly one unit? Does it still fizzle?