Rules Questions thread

Click the link icon below a post, and it should have a button labeled + New Topic.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s a picture which shows the official squirrel tokens. They don’t have a subtype.

If they do have a subtype, it would be “Squirrel” judging from how the Ninja tokens benefit from Fox’s Den Students after they are created.

Hello,

This should override abilities, ATK, HP, color, name, legendary status, and subtypes. I think that leaves only the tech level and cost of the original card. I will update the spreadsheet to mention this.

2 Likes

If you Polymorph a Legendary, and its controller plays a second copy, which one is considered the “most recent” when Polymorph wears off?

3 Likes

I’m afraid I got another question concerning order of resolution because of my turn in this game.

My opponent’s play area:

I play Cursed Ghould to put a -1/-1 rune on Inverse Power Ninja.
Then I play Plague Lab to put a -1/-1 run on all of my opponent’s units.
Question: Does Inverse Power Ninja die?

Bonus Question: Does it make a difference if the other units die because they are Illusions getting targeted or would the answer be the same if it were 3 Wisps dying instead of 3 Illusions?

Note that Plague Lab doesn’t :target:, but if it did, then it would make a difference.

If you used Sickness on a Mirror + Ninja the effects would go:
Destroy Mirror & Put a -1/-1 rune on Ninja
Check Ninja stats, see that it’s a 3/3 with 2 -1/-1 runes, and it survives.

With Plague Lab, you go:
Put a -1/-1 rune on each thing
Put all the dead things in the discard pile.
Remove the tokens from the game
Trigger Technician

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer! So the Illusions getting killed by :target: really replaces the effect and is not something that happens afterwards.

Ah thanks, I missed that! That probably makes the bigger difference in that particular game.

1 Like

I never got an answer to this, but I have a feeling a ruling has been made - anyone remember? (Or want to make a new ruling if one hasn’t been made?)

The one that has had that identity and been under your control for the least amount of time. That’s the polymorphed one, since it didn’t have the right identity for a while.

What if you polymorph two of them?? I don’t know, pick one haha.

Yes, “At end of turn” abilities resolve during your turn, and “Until end of turn” effects last for your whole turn.

Few simple questions:

1. Is it correct that effects that return a hero to the command zone don’t prevent the hero from being summoned on your next turn unless mentioned? So Origin Story doesn’t prevent your opponent summoning the returned hero next turn?

2. If a card refers to ATK it doesn’t refer to the printed ATK value but the card’s current ATK value that might be buffed with runes etc.?

3. Flying Fox is a Ninja Contraption so it counts as a Ninja, right?

1 Like

Yes to all of those

2 Likes

If I play a Stewardess of the Undone, bounce a tech 0, then max Geigar to trash and replay the Stewardess, do I get to bounce another tech 0? In other words, does Geigar’s maxband trigger “Arrives” bonuses?

Bonus: Are tokens considered Tech 0?

2 Likes

Yes, and yes

4 Likes

Hello fellow codex lovers, i couldnt find about this topic anywhere, so i ask you guys :slight_smile:
If an Tech II building is destroyed does it effect a tech II upgrade in any way? ( i mean in this case “Might of Leaf and Claw”)

1 Like

Tech buildings do not directly effect anything that is already in play. Tech buildings are required to play things, so in that sense, yes, you would not be able to play a Might of Leaf and Claw if your Tech 2 was destroyed, until it was rebuilt.

3 Likes

Wow, so that upgrade is really powerful, because my friend ( plays with blood anarchs) has no chance to remove it, am i correct? And thank you for your fast reply

1 Like

Typically, reds answer is to not let you build up enough units to actually attack and charge up MOLAC. Alternately or in addition, to build pirate gunships.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice! Have a nice Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes