Round and Round It Goes - Signup Before 10/5

ROUND AND ROUND IT GOES

(Credit to @ArthurWynne for this tournament design)

Rules

• Double elimination
  • Best of 7
  • Medium timer
  • Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set.
  • Character Selection
    • Game 1 is double blind.
    • After each game, both players switch, and must pick a character they have not yet played in the set.
    • Winner of the previous game picks first, and loser picks second
    • In the case of a tie, replay the MU.
  • Double-Down counts as a win for both players unless they are at match point.
  • Matches will be played weekly!
  • No EX characters (obviously)
    * Must have all characters unlocked

Signups will be open until Saturday, October 5th at 11:59 PM UTC, with opening round conversations going out the next day. Confirm your signup, or feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Participants
  1. vengefulpickle
  2. PumpedAaron
  3. Caralad
  4. ArthurWynne
  5. Nopethebard
  6. Castanietzsche
  7. Ivan
  8. Scymrian
3 Likes

Sure I’ll try

2 Likes

Nearly always up for playing tournaments, count me in again.

2 Likes

Of course I have to try out my own idea!

2 Likes

I like this design. I’m in for sure!

1 Like

By the way - I didn’t think to address this in the original formulation of the idea, but in the case of a tie, obviously “winner picks first” doesn’t work if both players get a win. So in that case, presumably you just replay the same MU?

2 Likes

Yeah, makes sense to me. Updated.

2 Likes

Nice design, I’m in !

1 Like

rule clarification request: it means that only first pick is blind, then winner re-picks, loser sees the pick and can cp accordingly?

1 Like

That’s exactly right.

1 Like

Yup, as long as neither player repeats a character

Once a character is chosen, neither player can pick that character? In other words, is the character pool shared, or individual?

1 Like

Individual

4 Likes

Emphasis added. It seems pretty clear to me that it’s intended to be individual.

4 Likes

Put me in, pls.

1 Like

It’s been a while but I’ve had the taste for Yomi in my mouth lately. I’m in.

8 Likes

Awesome WOO! When do we start :eyes:

3 Likes

Alrighty, the bracket is up: Round and Round It Goes - Challonge

1 Like

@Castanietzsche 4 - 2 @Ivan
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: I was lucky on combat reveal and did tons of damages with extra juice but uncertain issue until last turn
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: Maybe I know a bit more this matchup. I used 4,5 and 6 to pump-up and mainly played with 10 and face cards. I trashed two Ivan’s blocks, he then blocked with 2, I supposed he would do again on next turn so I crashed it with 3. Very strategic MU !
:quince::psfist: :pschip::rook: I drew crazy amount of face cards so all my combat win were highly effective.I lied on every single spin to keep K in hand but it was card-costly.
:zane: :pschip::psfist::jaina: Ivan’s Jaina is great, I expected her one time or another. I drew very few face cards on the early game and no ace too.
:gwen: :pschip::psfist::valerie: K 1.2 lost so many times against A 1.0, totally wrecked too. I still have to learn Gwen, she’s not the stupid brawler I used to think.
:setsuki::psfist: :pschip::bbb: setsuki is crazy on this MU, I can skip blocking and attacking over 2.4 at every single turn !
thanks for the games mate, very fun ones ! :smiley:

1 Like

vengefulpickle 1 - 4 @PumpedAaron

:bbb::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - @PumpedAaron misses lethal by a single pixel, but avoids my AA at the final 1-21 50-50
:jaina::pschip::psfist::troq: - I get bonked. I do not really have a jaina.
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::degrey: - @PumpedAaron misses lethal by a single point again, but I can’t make the magic setsuki comeback stick.
:zane::psfist::pschip::grave: - Crazy draws let me dodge into a turn 5ish MA, and then some solid nans take it the rest of the way
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::gloria: - @PumpedAaron reads me hard, and nicely maths down to the perfect Gloria inevitability play.

GGs!

3 Likes