RACE #3: FrozenStorm (Mono White) vs. Jadiel (Mono Purple)

P2T7

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Time Spiral
Battle Suits
Void Star
Origin Story
Fading Argonaut

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Tinkerer
Double Time

NextHand

Neo Plexus
Nullcraft
Seer
Double Time
Hive

Discard

Origin Story
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Void Star
Fading Argonaut

Tech 0 card(s)
Omegacrons both go to @5
Get Paid + float - ($16)
Geiger suicides into Rook, levels fizzle
Prynn - ($14)
Origin Story on Rook - ($11)
Mech trades with Adept
Sac 10 workers to Omegacrons
Omegacrons and Vir attack your base for 21

Float ($11)
Discard 4, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Seer (2/1)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Omegacron#1 (9/6, Untargetable)
  • Omegacron#2 (9/6, Untargetable)
  • Lvl1 Prynn
  • Lvl 7 Vir (3/4)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 4
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Future)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 2
  • Disc: 5
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 11
  • Workers: 10

GG, WP
@EricF

Sorry for all the mistakes in tracking game state. Even with the spreadsheet, I still find it really easy to miss things or forget them. Hopefully, it didn’t affect the game too much. I’ll try and do better in future!

ETA: Reading your thoughts as the game progressed was really interesting - I think I’ll have to start doing that in my future games. I don’t think I saw my turn 2 tech decisions and play with Vir was particularly bold, but I hadn’t thought about Reversal. If you had cleared my board on turn 2 it would have been a very different game! If that was my plan, perhaps I shouldn’t have summoned Vir until turn 3, and floated 2 more gold. However, as I said, I hadn’t thought about Reversal. Not sure what I was thinking workering Plas turn 1, that seems really dumb in hindsight…

IPN was a super solid choice, and left you in a much better position than any other card you could have teched, I think. I really regretted teching two Double Times, again I didn’t think about Grave’s maxband ability, which I should really have seen. Then I workered one of them which was another error, as it would have given me another potential path to victory in the last couple of turns. I was really scared of Mind Parry Monk, as my plan from turn 4 onwards was to use Prynn to clear your patrol zone and Omegacrons to finish (though I probably should have teched in Origin Story earlier…)

GG WP! I saw the move as bold because had you not drawn both seer or had I killed / snapped vir back, it would have left me a lot of room to build tempo.

Hindsight had I known your base was at 4, I would have teched MPM over vigor adept, and that probably would have won it for me, but i thought I needed 6 so sneaking vigor in with hidden ninja felt like my best bet.

Had you not patrolled geiger though, I had the hand to move seer and vir to get a win last turn!

@EricF a win for jadiel!