[PS] Forum Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

No worries for right now, but in the future, you can use the matchup private convo for this.

3 Likes

Roger that, I’ll continue it there. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @variable !

What timezone are you in? I’m in EU / Finland, which is UTC +3 . I can usually play in the evenings between 6pm - 10pm my time, during the weekend more flexible.

1 Like

Hey, @Skiff! I’m in the central US! How about this Friday at 6 PM in UTC+3 time? :smiley_cat:

Hey @variable , works for me, see you then!

1 Like

Proven beats ZenDog 3-1
:chibigwen::psfist::black_circle::chibivalerie:
:chibigwen::black_circle::psfist::chibivalerie:

1 Like

ZenDog was tough, and I had a luck draw to sneak a win in one of the rounds. Playing reminded me of why I like Gwen; she’s versatile, but in a mean way.

Holy carpe, did I get bodied! :o :dragon_face::latin_cross::fish:

I think the match went like this…

PS Ranked R1, @Skiff vs. variable:

:chibimidori::pscrash::pschip::grave:

Skiff wins, 3-0!

Thanks for playing more after our set, Skiff! There’s a lot about Puzzle Strike that I can learn! I hope I can train against ye again sometime! :smiley_cat:

Thanks for the games variable, always happy to share what I know about the game! :slight_smile:

How are you able to make those cool posts with the mini images of characters?

When you’re replying to someone, there’s a row of icons at the top of the reply box and one of them is a smiley face, right? Click that to open the emoji menu, and at the very bottom you’ll see some custom Sirlin Games emoji, including the ones used in that post. You can also type the name of an emoji between two colons to get it without opening that menu; for example, :chibimidori: gives you :chibimidori: and :pscrash: gives :pscrash:

Week 2 standings

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Proven :star: :psfist:
Skiff :star: :psfist:
Bomber678 :psfist:
Hobusu :psfist:
ZenDog :psfist:
variable :psfist:
Feebs :knockdown:

Week 2 matches

Bomber678/ZenDog
Bomber678 ─┐
           β”œβ”€
ZenDog β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Skiff/Proven
Skiff ━━━━┓
          ┑━ Skiff ──┐
variable β”€β”˜          β”‚
                     β”œβ”€
ZenDog ───┐          β”‚
          ┒━ Proven β”€β”˜
Proven ━━━┛
variable/Hobusu
variable ─┐
          β”œβ”€
Hobusu β”€β”€β”€β”˜

@Feebs, I marked you inactive this week because you haven’t responded since your initial interest post on the other thread. If you decide you want to pick it up again, just post here and I’ll reinstate you for the next week.

1 Like

Hobusu vs @variable

:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibigeiger:
:chibisetsuki: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigeiger:

Final score: Hobusu 1β€”variable 3

variable wins!

Good games! I can tell that I’m rusty, but that was a fun set. I was reminded the hard way of the advice @Bryce_The_Rice gave me when we played once upon a time: β€œBuy Combine.” We also played a very silly casual Grave mirror in which the bank had every kind of chip that can upgrade the chips in your hand along with Custom Combo. Because I didn’t notice that one of them let you trade in the Crash Gem you start with for a 7-cost chip, variable took advantage of that and destroyed me with an absurd quantity of actions. :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, @Hobusu, and thanks for playing that super economical life-simulating Grave mirror. Just like in real life, Custom Combos grow on trees! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, shoutouts to @Skiff for teaching me the beginnings of what Puzzly Striking is, as without ye advice - which I at first did not want to hear - I may have been defeated in this Strikise~ :smiley_cat:

#15ActionsPlz #BluesAreGoodButPurplesAreBetter

1 Like

Buy your combines kiddies. Pile control is important

3 Likes

Week 3 standings

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Proven :star: :psfist:
Skiff :star: :psfist:
variable :star: :psfist:
Bomber678 :psfist:
Hobusu :psfist:
ZenDog :psfist:
Feebs :knockdown:

Week 3 matches

Bomber678/Hobusu
Bomber678 ─┐
           β”œβ”€
Hobusu β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Skiff/variable
Skiff ━━━━┓
          ┑━ Skiff ────┐
variable β”€β”˜            β”‚
                       β”œβ”€
variable ━┓            β”‚
          ┑━ variable β”€β”˜
Hobusu β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Proven/ZenDog
ZenDog ─┐
        ┒━ Proven ─┐
Proven ━┛          β”‚
                   β”œβ”€
ZenDog β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
1 Like

Hobusu vs @Bryce_The_Rice

:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibitroq:

Final score: Hobusu 0β€”Bomber 3

Bomber wins!

Need to get to bed, so no commentary on this one β€” mostly that I keep overlooking things and just need experience in general (and also to be more rested, but that’s hard to avoid when scheduling with such a huge time zone difference).

4 Likes

Skifff vs @variable

:chibizane: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigeiger:

Final score: Skifff 3 – Variable 0

Thanks for games that was a lot of playing we did after!

4 Likes

Ah, yeah, thanks for playing, @Skiff! That was pretty fun! :smiley_cat:

I should probably be looking for alternate characters, but I did make a lot of misplays throughout those games! There were multiple times I miscounted what I would draw and didn’t pig It’s Time for the Past/buy a puzzle chip to play with it when I was guaranteed/likely to have access to puzzle chips in my discard! :scream_cat: (…Among many other things!)

I’ll try to keep my salt to myself next time, because ye do really seem to want to help me learn Puzzle Strike better. I was mis-identifying ye tone, I think! I look forward to learning more about this Strike-ise! Thanks, @Bryce_The_Rice, for giving me tips as well!

Have a good rest your day!

5 Likes

Like I said to Hobusu, Puzzle Strike is hard.
It’s pretty fun to get good at though, so keep working at it.

3 Likes

I’m going to request to skip the next three weeks. Finals are coming up, I have a bunch of projects to do for my classes, and I already have been so busy that I’ve missed two weeks of matches. By end of May, everything should be done.

2 Likes