Remember that time when Yomi died? NO YOU DO NOT. We’re still here and we’re gonna play while Rome burns! Prepare your bits for a tournament and sign up, my lovelies!
- Format is best of 7 with standard counterpicks. First pick is double blind. Only the loser of the previous game can switch characters.
- Double elimination
- Medium timer
- Each round will take one week, with deadlines being on Monday mornings.
- Playing matches early is allowed, and, in the case of the Losers bracket, encouraged. I will facilitate conversations as they become available but feel free to jump the gun.
- After each match, the winner should post a match report in this thread including the result and matchup of each game played. (The loser can do it too if ze wants.)
- In a match where the initiative/timing rule is likely to become an issue, either player may ask to play by the rulebook (player with the least health has priority).
- Ties do not count toward either player’s win total. If there is a tie, play the same matchup again, and include the tie in your match report.
- I will create a private conversation for each match. Please resolve scheduling in those conversations so that, should adjudication be necessary, I will have something on which to base my decision.
- If you would be willing to record/stream some matches, alert me and I will include you in scheduling conversations.
I have crossposted this in order to generate extra participants. However, I do not have the werewithal or good internet access necessary to handle this tournament on two fronts so if you’re interested in joining, be aware that I will require your match reports on MSS. The link to the thread is below.
Deadline to join is January 22nd.