New in-development game inspired by Yomi available on the Sirlin Games Patreon!

https://twitter.com/sirlin/status/1248368086056448001

Thought I’d give everyone here a heads-up about this in case you don’t follow Sirlin’s twitter account. I’m seriously impressed with the new tabletop game he’s already been sharing on Patreon for a few months now, so I can’t wait to see what this new one is like!

In case you’re interested in joining to find out what this is:

5 Likes

no offense, mate, but to bait people, one should at least see what we are talking about. I don’t mean the artwork or rulebook, but at least a generic idea of the concept. I don’t swim in money and paying 10$ just to read the menu in a restaurant is underwhelming to me. :frowning:

4 Likes

with the other amazing tabletop game already in print and play + its extension you already have the best way you could invest your 10$ :grin:
totally excited about this new !

1 Like

i could agree, if i had the faintest idea what you are taking about :man_shrugging:

Nobody knows what the new one is yet, so we can’t tell you.
The current one is super cool though. Big recommend

3 Likes

would love to hear anyting about it, but i can’t find a single article/sneak peek on patreon not requiring the 10$ subscirption. I’m a big fan of sirlin’s tabletop games.

The game is under NDA so I can’t say much about it except it’s my new favourite game. It’s a bit weird but the mechanics are original and really exciting . IMO it’s designed for board game geeks but you still can have fun on it as a casual. You can play up to 4 players. The game takes place in the Fantasy Strike universe and the arts are really awesome.

3 Likes

While I can understand wanting to know about what you’re paying for before you buy into it, that you haven’t found anything is a good thing because if this leaked it would be much harder to later make the proper marketing push needed to sell the game, since all the news sites will say that it’s old news if there’s any public information about it.

Also, this isn’t really like buying a game anyway; at least in my case, I’m pledging to Sirlin’s Patreon because I’m a huge fan of his work and want to be able to support the development of more of his games, with the early previews of stuff that’s in development being a (fantastic) bonus.

It’s funny that you say this, because I’ve seen some people in the patron-only channel on Discord say that it might have the most mass-market appeal of any Sirlin game so far! I do agree that there’s still plenty of room to show your skill, though—this is still Sirlin we’re talking about, after all. GRAG in particular likes to say that it has the highest number of “miracles per game” of any game he’s played, with “miracle” here meaning a turn where you start out 100% convinced that you’ll lose and end that turn having somehow survived.

1 Like

I’ll probably go back in for a month to check out the new have (I never managed to get the other game-in-preview to the table), but I’m not sure how long I’ll stay subbed (trying to set aside some free cash to upgrade my computer for better Blood Bowl stteaming).

Its definitely 100% worth the $10 to see what’s coming up, IMO.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve mocked up the first new game in Tabletopia and will be doing so with the other new game coming this week, hopefully! This basically means that you can try out the first new game online in a desktop browser.

The first game — please understand that I’m going to be kind of vague since Sirlin has mentioned wanting to keep the new games on the down-low until they’re ready enough to announce for sale — is a lot of fun, and perhaps the most capital-F Fun of Sirlin’s games so far, but I’m unlikely to play a tournament.

It has a very “Smash Bros. with items on” feel, which is perfectly fine by me, because that’s how I prefer to play Smash overall.

Really pumped to check out the New Yomi Game this week though :0

5 Likes

@Castanietzsche Are you… an employee of Sirlin Games?

1 Like

Someone let me know when the new game drops on Patreon plz. I didn’t want to go through the effort to print-and-play the last one, but I’ll be re-subbing to check out the new game.

5 Likes

same here. Once the new new game drops ping me, so i can sub and chek both of them. thanks

2 Likes

Since Patreon just charges on the first of the month for everyone (and maybe also just immediately upon signup), there’s really no value in waiting to sign up if you’re waiting for something coming this month, and that way you’ll get the notification email right when the post goes up

3 Likes

Thanks. Can confirm this is correct information.

1 Like

@mysticjuicer @Legion it’s party time

4 Likes

we in there!

5 Likes

For people who want at least some info before pledging, here’s what Sirlin has publicly revealed:

4 Likes

New Yomi-inspired game is now playable online in Tabletopia too (browser-based TTS, basically) for patrons :0

6 Likes

I’ll back him to see these new games. Im hyped!

3 Likes