Lum's Lucky Lottery: High Fives! - Ongoing!

The people have spoken! September’s tournament will be another iteration of Lum’s Lucky Lottery!

LUM’S LUCKY LOTTERY

5th Edition: High Fives!

Rules

• Double elimination
  • Best of 7
  • Medium timer
  • Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set.
  • Random is the only character you may begin with.
  • Loser may choose whether to re-random either their own or their opponent’s character for counterpicking.
  • Double-Down counts as a win for both players unless they are at match point, both players re-random
  • Do not use Blind Pick to ensure the choosing of “Random” from both players. Any player deliberately choosing their character is grounds for a DQ.
  • Matches will be played weekly!
  • No EX characters (obviously)
  • Must have all characters unlocked

Important: Re-randoming should be done by choosing “New Game” and having both players re-pick with blind pick off so that you can ensure that someone is really picking “Random”. Snooze and you lose on that if you just took their word for it. There should be no reason for blind pick to be on at any point in this tournament. (You can also see it in the opening line of the history window, it should say [Character Name]] (Random) if you forget to duck out of match.)

Signups will be open until Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM UTC, with opening round conversations going out the next day. Confirm your signup, or feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Participants
  1. vengefulpickle
    2. mysticjuicer
  2. Nopethebard
  3. Hobusu
  4. Ivan
  5. Caralad
  6. Legion?
  7. Castanietzsche
  8. SouthpawHare
  9. coffeetime
  10. migohunter
  11. ArthurWynne
  12. SirHandsome
4 Likes

“Roll the dice!” - Abert Einstein, probably

I’m in

3 Likes

I’m in too.

3 Likes

I’m in! Always love this format, it’s so silly while also giving a chance to practice more obscure matchups.

3 Likes

Put me in, pls.

4 Likes

Well I gotta defend the one championship I have. Count me in

4 Likes

I may partecipate, but only if I finish the 3 I am currently in.

5 Likes

I’m in too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I shall join!

3 Likes

Interested, but don’t sign me up yet. Not sure how much time I’ll have in September.

2 Likes

Count me in!

5 Likes

yayayayayayayaya I’ll sign up

4 Likes

Last day for sign-ups!

2 Likes

Any chance of a a last-minute sign-up to make a 12-man bracket? I picked a bad weekend to leave town.

2 Likes

You signing up?

If I’m allowed to.

I was on the fence about whether I’d have time, but it looks like that I’ll be good on that score.

2 Likes

I’m going to drop out of this, sorry.

Ok. Hope to see you in the next one.

1 Like

The bracket is set: Lum's Lucky Lottery: High Fives - Challonge

3 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @ArthurWynne
1 - 4

:rook::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:valerie::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::bbb: - 4-5 throws and few face cards in my opening hand leads quickly leads into a lethal bout of range.

GGs, @ArthurWynne!

4 Likes