LLL 2: Kaelii ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. cstick ([Disease]/Discipline/Fire)

question: birds die at upkeep, after being spawend. does this allows for an infinite rune combo? @ericf

No. The birdā€™s nest trigger only goes on the queue once per turn.

I doubt it as you SHOULD only check to respawn birds once as an upkeep trigger.
If it was worded like ā€œduring your upkeep respawn lost birdsā€ I could maybe see it.

i do not agree. it says: Upkeep: Re-summon lost birds
not once per turn. so in theory this could be an endless combo, like the sarge+smoker one.
EDIT: asked in the questions thread to be safe (also would make disease great!!!)

P1T9

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Calypso Vystari
Marauder
Mad Man
Gunpoint Taxman ā€“ Zane Draw

WORKERS
Scorch
Bloodburn
Makeshift Rambaster
Nautical Dog
Careless Musketeer
Pillage

NextHand

Blooming Ancient
Dinosize

Discard

Earthquake
Charge
Marauder
Blooming Elm
Marauder
Birdā€™s Nest

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Birds die a horrible death to Abomb (BA@3)
Marauder ā€“ BA@4 - ($7)
Move +1/+1 to Marauder. BA@3
Marauder trades with Gorgon, you draw a card. MoLaC @2
Argagarg dies on Orpal, deals 1 (2 + tower damage), Orpal to level 3. MoLaC @3
Zane level 2, BA@4 - ($4)
Rook attacks Orpal, both die. Levels to Jaina (3) and Zane (4). MoLaC @4 Nest falls
BA kills Jaina taking 2+tower damage, draw a card. MoLaC @5. +5/+5 to my stuff
Zane maxbands from levels, shove imp to technician, it dies. We both draw
Madman. BA@5 - ($3)
Calypso Vystari, BA@6 - ($2)
Gunpoint Taxman, BA@7 - ($0)
Zane attacks your base for 4+5
Move 7 runes from BA to Madman.
Madman attacks your base for 5+7
GGs?

Float ($0)
Discard 0, draw 2

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Gunpoint Taxman (7/7+A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Calypso Vystari (6/6)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Entangling Vines (Abombination)
  • Might of Leaf and Claw @5
  • Blooming Ancient (6/5) (+4/+4 MoLaC and Abomb)
  • Mad Man (12/11) @7 runes
  • Zane (9/8)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Anarchy)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 2
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 6
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10

9+11= 20.
18-20= -2
why the question?

Not 100% certain I didnā€™t mess something up.

GG. I donā€™t know what I could have done differently. I whiffed on both of my teched cards on turn 4, then bottom decked Abomination on turn 6. If anyone has any comments, feel free to weigh in, because after losing badly in CAWS and coming back to this, Iā€™m starting to lose confidence in my ability to play properlyā€¦

Personally I think as soon as Rook hits the field you want a copy of sickness in deck or already in deck. A large value of rook//rookā€™s maxband is how much HP and trading he can do before being removed, which means sickness pulls double duty making him less threatening and making his second life far less impressive. The sooner it is in your deck the more times youā€™ll be able to cast it. By the time maxband rook is a 2/4 or 1/3 with two lives he is pretty unimpressive, especially without easy super strong bird options.

Alternatively there may have been something to midband grave squad leader on P2T2, with Jandra in another slot ā€“ 1 more HP means I need a bit more of my resources to kill Grave and get levels.

@EricF ready for judgement. I hope.

Looks ok to me. As you noted, each nest gives you bonus runes even if the birds donā€™t survive.

Having spent a bit more time thinking about your deck, tech choices, and my deck//opening:
Disease-Discipline-Fire has a number of very strong options for dealing with units but far more limited options for dealing with an exceptionally problematic hero or a lightly reliant on units aggression from P1.

I think knowing your T2 hand is awkward AND seeing Rook from my T2 you should have immediately techā€™d Sickness+Lobber and gone Grave-Worker-Tech 1-Graveyard with Grave+Jandra patrolling as they are, and likely still worker Archery, and anticipate worker of deteriorate and possibly even sac the weak as the game goes on.

While Plague Spitter and Sparring partner are both great units, unless you can insure that my midband rook isnā€™t simply bypassing your plague spitter and hiding behind a fairly dinky wall it will be quite difficult for you to actually get the -1/-1s on rook.

Lobber is cheap, one of your FEW immediate effects, potential to ping a point or two into a building at some point for possible value, bodily enough to do a decent job of trading with my subpar unit options, and goes incredibly well with graveyard, as well as being a possible fodder for orpal at some point, which is reasonable for slowing down birds about as much as plague spitter ā€“ but you want orpal around ANYWAY while I have rook all of a spell caster, probably your best type of answer to rook maxband threat by putting damage that sticks AND reduces rookā€™s ability to actually kill stuff.

A T3 sickness would hit both rook and one bird so removes at least two attack from my T4 options, while lobber is a possible 4 damage for 2 gold if graveyard is on the field, which means you might have been able to kill rook entirely on T3 right after I midbanded (dropping birdā€™s nest too).

IN tech 2 disease you donā€™t actually have terribly many units that are great at strictly dealing with hero based aggression outside of Gorgon. I think that Abomination is actually something you tech if YOU are pursuing a hero based strategy against a unit based strategy ā€“ not so great for a unit based strategy for contesting hero aggression, as your other units are less impressive AND it costs an actual pile of gold. Instead I would probably recommend Cursed Ghoul and/or more Gorgon for contesting my units ā€“ UNLESS//SPECIFICALLY against sharks do you want abomination.
Cursed Ghoul can help slow down birds significantly, does nearly as good a job of blocking as abomination, costs significantly less and is quite good a hunting down my heroes if it attacks between its arrival, techā€™d sickness and a possible Orpal midband eating lobber/sparring partner/javelineer.

By T5 you could expect to have cast sickness on Rook two or three times with a T2 tech of it which severely limits what value I can get out of his continued existence.

Tower might have been a mistake? When T4 could have been say ā€“ Grave-Jaina-Imp-Haunt-Worker, expecting one hero to die (but stuffed behind the imp as I had JUST used Charge)? Not entirely sure, but game would probably be fairly different by this point as well if T2 Sickness+Lobber tech

1 Like