Jandra, the Negator
Sacrifice the Weak
Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Worker - ($9)
Tech III - ($4)
Bigby - ($2)
Exhaust Graveyard to replay Spectral Hound - ($1)
Pestering Haunt pokes your base to 18
Stash 1, Discard 2, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 3
[I]Squad Leader[/I]: Plague Spitter (3/3+A) [insured]
[I]Elite[/I]: Lvl 1 Bigby (2+1/3)
[I]Scavenger[/I]: Insurance Agent (2/2)
[I]Technician[/I]: Lvl 6 Orpal (2/3)
[I]Lookout[/I]: Spectral Hound (3/3)
- Graveyard [Javelineer] (3 HP)
- Censorship Council (5 HP)
- Pestering Haunt (1/1)
Base HP: 19
Tech I HP: 3
Tech II HP: 5 (Law)
Tech III HP: 5
- Hand: 5
- Deck: 1
- Disc: 0
- Gold: 1
- Workers: 11
I can’t do anything with Art of War Oni in Squad Lead, so I will just build Tech III and wall up for next turn. Ideally I want to have 14 gold next turn for Gryphon + Quince + Free Speech, which would basically be a game ender. It’s basically only Kidnapping and Prynn maxband that could counter Gryphon from his side. He had Drakk in play for much of the game, so there’s a good chance he teched it Kidnapping. If I want to be riskier I can only float 10 gold and hope he doesn’t have it, but I don’t have any way to remove Prynn so it’s a must-have
Options (assuming I build Tech III in every case):
- Worker, Bigby: float 2 --> 13 gold next turn. Bigby stashes Gryphon. I can only get Free Speech if I get a Scavenger Bonus or Plague Spitter dies (Insurance). I would have 3 chances to draw Free Speech from 5 post reshuffle cards, which is ~95% (if I tech nothing). 100% if I get Insurance.
- Worker, Bigby, replay Spectral Hound: same as above except only float 1, so I can only pay for Free Speech with Insurance
- Worker, replay Spectral Hound, no tech: float 3 --> 14 gold next turn. I draw 4 cards post-reshuffle from 6 cards. 67% chance of having Gryphon (83% if I can get Insurance). 97% chance of Free Speech.
Option 3 is clearly the worst. The question on 1 vs. 2 is whether losing the option value on being just 1 gold short is worth it to get the Spectral Hound. I think yes.
What can he do to disrupt this on his turn?
*Art of War would let Oni kill Tech III. but he hasn’t reshuffled so he would have had to tech a second copy. And if he has it there’s nothing I can do to stop him with Quince dead. I would just rebuild Tech III, probably tech a 2nd Gryphon and try again the next turn.
*Maxband Drakk would let him haste in a unit. that would cost 8 so it would have to be 3 cost or less. The most attack he could get out of that is Brave Knight at 4+Frenzy, or more realistically Cadet for 3+Frenzy. He would be attackign with 4/4/1, which I can tank with the stuff I have on the board.
*Rewind from Prynn. This would 10 of his 11 gold so he couldn’t do anything else, and it would still leave Orpal and Bigby in play. That doesn’t leave him enough attack to get through and kill my Tech III, and also eliminates one of his anti-Gryphon options (because Prynn would be maxed already), so that actually isn’t that scary.
*Not kill Plague Spitter and patrol in a way that I can’t sacrifice him. This one worries me a bit. Basically I either need Oni to kill Plague Spitter outright, or have him stay alive and attack anyone except Orpal. So that argues for putting Plague Spitter in Squad Lead.
I feel good about doing Option 2. Let’s see how it goes.