Starting hand: 5
Only having a Wisp in patrol means that dwarddd knows I can’t just use pivot to kill the Prospector. I could use Arcadian Double to bring in something to kill Prospector / Panda. Alternatively, I gamble on drawing a 1-cost card with Choose Fate. Out of 6 cards, I’d have 2 + ? cards I’d want, with ? being how many 0 or 1-cost cards I tech. Possibilities:
- Story Trap: now, this is interesting. If I’ve got a specific card I think dwarddd might have double-teched, this could help deal with it. I’d rather have something for board improvement right now, though.
- Assign Nemesis: one slight way to punish the Prospector here is to assign it the extra attack, and patrol with a 4/3+1A Shining Prince, where Taric heals its patrol damage (I think?).
- Break (0 gold): does nothing.
- Disrupt Narrative: add a waste card to dwarddd’s discard. It doesn’t help my board state, and he’s just reshuffled.
- Legions Revealed: draw a card, maybe two. What I wanted to tech anyway, but it doesn’t improve my current board situation.
- Hidden Horror: not a board improvement, but it does stop Neshama being killed. It’s a big gamble on drawing this if I play him, however.
I think Assign Nemesis looks nice for short-term board control. Is that better than using Shining Prince and Arcadian Double to kill something? I think so, it would give more cover for my Goats. I’ll add in a Goblin Sapper for my second tech, so that’s 3 cards out of 6 I’d like to draw, with 2 chances. That’s 14/15 chance to draw something, let’s go for it.
Teched cards: 2
T2: 2 x Exploding Goat
T3: Assign Nemesis, Goblin Sapper
Get paid + float - (7)
Exploding Goat - (6)
Exploding Goat #2 - (5)
Taric Isbili - (3)
Choose Fate, reshuffle 6, draw 2... - (2)
... and discard 1 of them
Assign Nemesis, Shining Prince gets +2/+1, Merfolk Prospector gets +1 attack - (1)
Worker - (0)
Discard 1, draw 3
Shining Prince takes damage for patrolling, then is healed by Taric (not sure about the timing here)
Shining Prince 4/3+1A (nemesis: +2/+1; frenzy 1; patrols: takes 1 damage)
Taric L1 2/3 (healing 1; all my healing occurs at end of turn instead of upkeep)
Exploding Goat #1 2/1 (dies if didn’t attack; dies: deal 2 to a patroller or building)
Exploding Goat #2 2/1 (dies if didn’t attack; dies: deal 2 to a patroller or building)
Base HP: 20
Tech I HP: 5
Stepping Stone Villain
Card-count check (opponent-viewable)
Expected: 10 + 4 teched = 14
3 on board
3 in hand
1 in deck
4 in discard
3 in workers
4 x start
T1: Underequipped Soldier
T2: Dwarven Supplies