So I’d been thinking about it, and there are a couple of tournaments from the olden days that I think could do with another run. I’m creating this thread to gauge interest in either/or and determine if holding either of them would be worth considering.
First is one I never had a chance to get into myself due to poor timing in joining the FS Community in the first place. Created by Raziek, it’s SOLO SHOWDOWN.
SOLO SHOWDOWN 2017
Rules (adopted from Raziek’s):
- Double elimination
- Best of 7
Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set.
Random is not a character.
Players may not switch characters once the bracket has been posted. If they deviate from their pre-declared character and refuse to switch back, they will be disqualified.
Matches will be played weekly!
No EX characters (obviously)
Entrants can sign up in the corresponding thread, then let me know which character they will be using for the duration of the tournament. I will hold these selections in secret. They will not be posted to the tournament bracket, nor will entrants be told who their opponent is playing as in the match messages.
The second is one that I’ve been a participant of since its creation and have always found to be incredibly fun.Initially created by Dietz, and its second run held by cpat, it’s LUM’S LUCKY LOTTERY.
LUM’S LUCKY LOTTERY
- Double elimination
- Best of 7
- Medium timer
- Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set.
- Random is the only character you may begin with.
- Loser may choose whether to re-random either their own or their opponent’s character for counterpicking.
- Double-Down counts as a win for both players unless they are at match point, both players re-random
- Do not use Blind Pick to ensure the choosing of “Random” from both players. Any player deliberately choosing their character is grounds for a DQ.
- Matches will be played weekly!
- No EX characters (obviously)
- Must have all characters unlocked (or access to at least 70 tokens/gold for randoming per match)
Each match will begin by both players picking Random. After each round, the winner stays with their character as usual, but loser may choose to re-random their character if they wish in hopes of getting a better one. Otherwise, loser also stays, it’s up to you to play the odds!
Important: Re-randoming should be done by choosing “New Game” and having both players re-pick with blind pick off so that you can ensure that someone is really picking “Random”. Snooze and you lose on that if you just took their word for it. There should be no reason for blind pick to be on at any point in this tournament. (You can also see it in the opening line of the history window, it should say [Character Name]] (Random) if you forget to duck out of match.)
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO CONFIRM SIGNUPS FOR EITHER TOURNAMENT. This thread is only intended to gauge interest in these tournaments and determine feasibility for either. For those wondering, these tournaments would not be held until at least the end of Summer Smash, that way players will not be over-burdened by taking part in 3 long-form tournaments at the same time.
So guys? What do you think?