I’m taking Midori. Horselords away!

[Bashing]/Balance/X

@Kaelii, you’re up next. (:

I’ll round out with Setsuki, bringing me to [Demonology]/Ninjutsu/X
@zhavier you’re up!

Anarchy

[Blood/Anarchy/(the bottom of the barrel)]

@Shadow_Night_Black

hmm, tough choice, Law is tempting to have all the board clears… but peace as well…

I’ll go with the fun option.
[Past], Necromancy, Law
@feathers!

All the board clears and death in your deck… Dare we call it “Apocalypse”?

Let’s round this off with Future, [Growth]/Strength/Future. @ARMed_PIrate you’re up!

2 Likes

Hrmm. I really want a monocolor deck, 'cause it’s been ages since I’ve played with cheap econ. But I really want to be able to make mirror copies of things. But I really want cheap ability-free units… Ah, what the heck.

Oni. Peace.

[Bashing]/Balance/Peace.

@Kaelii What will you add to your demon ninja army? Feral, so you can summon frogs like some anime?

The Pirate, wielding a deck without any haste? The travesty! I guess a Bouncer team consisting of mono-lvl 8 heroes is the next best alternative.

1 Like

Shit dude, Feral IS the plan at this point actually – though I feel kinda awkward giving Zhavier the option of monocolor discount (though I can’t stop it at this point - he could take finesse and have ‘mono’)
Order was Future->Feral->Mysteries. @zhavier you have the bucket pick.

[Demon]/Ninjutsu/Feral

I am left with Discipline, Fire, Finesse, Present, Truth, Disease. Wow, that is actually kinda awesome. As player one, I am at a relative econ disadvantage to everyone else, so at least for that, it makes sense to get the only monocolor. However, I have a FFA that is going terribly for my monored deck, so maybe mixing it up is fun.

I think I will mix it up and go with Present.

[Blood/Anarchy/Present]

Should I start a thread for turns? I recommend that any discussions take place in this thread, and turns only be posted in a seperate thread.

I’ll rename this to a Table Talk.

Are we randomizing play order though or just using draft order?

1 Like

Drafting order sounds fine to me (even though once again I’d be playing right before the guy with the board clears).

2 Likes

Looks like we’re good to go? @zhavier would you like to start the game thread?

The complete rules for Codex FFA can be found here: Dropbox - Codex rulebooks - Simplify your life

Here are some quick rules clarifications on common points of confusion:

1. Codex FFA does not have elimination - it has only one winner. When the first base is destroyed the player with the highest base health wins, and if there are any ties then the tied players each take turns until the tie is broken.

2. Lent patrollers are locked in at the same time your own patrollers are locked in. The player to whom you lent the patroller is considered to control the unit while it is patrolling for them. They are returned to their owner at the upkeep phase of the player the unit is lent to.

3. The ruling on what is considered as a “kill” for the purposes of getting bounties is as follows:

[details=In more detail][quote=“EricF, post:95, topic:1698”]
You are considered to “kill” an opposing unit only under these conditions:1. You deal damage to it equal to its remaining hit points with a spell or ability2. Your spell or ability says to “destroy” the unit3. You attack, and the unit dies from combat damage (regular damage or -1/-1 runes)

You are not considered to “kill” things if:1. You use a spell or ability to place -1/-1 runes on a unit2. You force a unit to be sacrificed, trashed, or returned to hand (even if a token)3. You remove something from play that was granting a HP buff, and units die because they lost that buff4. You give a unit -1/-15. You remove the last time rune from something with Fading
[/quote][/details]

1 Like

Free for Draft Turns Thread

Basically, Destroy and Direct Damage can get you bounties.

1 Like

Bloodburn! It is almost like a worker in FFA!

2 Likes

Like Rich Earth, except they get to pick off unsuspecting Haunts and Mercenaries while they’re at it :stuck_out_tongue: And don’t get me started on Hooded Executioners with an boost arrives ability and 1-cost Judgment Days…

Zhavier’s definition works in most scenarios. Just remember edge cases like illusion kills by targeting and Vandy’s maxband effect, both of which awards gold.

1 Like

In the spirit of fairness and warnings:

I may or may not tech doubles of dark pact, shuriken hail, soul stone, and Terras Q.

Need cards? All for the low low price of two base health I can give you two more cards!

Want a unit to survive a round? We may be able to help with soul stone!

Need some blockers? Terras Q could be coming your way, offering FREE bodies for you!

Need some 1 HP minions to poke for gold? Terras Q may be stuffing somebody who neglected their patrol zone full of 0/1 tasty tasty gold bits!

Need help clearing someone else’s patrol zone to get at a pesky Maxband Bigby? Shuriken hail might be here to help you!

Need help keeping a utility unit alive a round from attackers? Maybe I can voidblock it up for you!

[details=Totally not looking for alliances right guys?]Don’t believe that guy, he is totally trying to screw you over, make an alliance today!

Allies

What do I even tech 2?[/details]

3 Likes

I will say that I can guarantee that I will make the game interesting for as long as you let me. If I get to Tech II, I guarantee I will tech Horselords, and that’s a gift for everyone!

3 Likes