Favorite Yomi Match Videos - What is Yours?

I don’t know about other people, but I have watched some Yomi. My favorite video is the IYL Season 1 Grand Finals: Raziek vs. Mercyful Fate. I love when Raziek confidently states (after he blocks a Troq J with Geiger), “I know how to dance this dance.” A young @mysticjuicer was spotted blowing the airhorns. Also, the music choice for the video gets me pumped. Check out the link below. If you have a favorite video, feel free to post yours.

Video

[Yomi] IYL Season 1 Championship - Raziek (Geiger x4) vs. Mercyful Fate (Troq, DeGrey x2, Zane) - YouTube

6 Likes

This is juicer’s favourite match.

Juicer loves value

19XX: Rebel 1: Bomber678 vs Twenty-Seven - YouTube

7 Likes

I loved this video, especially the start!

IYL2 Grand Finals

[Yomi] Leontes vs enomus - IYL2 - GRAND FINALS - YouTube

6 Likes

Those damn trolls… got us good.

5 Likes

My favorites are always @mysticjuicer 's latest one. I also like @snoc 's introspective commentary. I do remember a diemydarlinbg video at twitch.tv that had me rolling on the floor laughing. I went there to find it but all his videos are gone. :cry: Acerbic and funny

6 Likes

This! :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

I do wish that @mysticjuicer did more Codex videos. I’ve never really connected with Yomi except on a basic level so most of what he discusses goes right past me; his commentary on Codex is always very enjoyable and I’ve learned a lot.

5 Likes

somuchhype

6 Likes

Someone mentioned that IYL 5 was being organized so I decided to drop by and see how the community is doing and found this thread. So I’ll just leave this nostalgic video here. Also @mysticjuicer because I love him.

5 Likes

Any match I happen to be featured in, mostly because it’s interesting to see how people try to interpret some of my more unorthodox plays.

It doesn’t hurt that I happen to be that guy that happens to laugh at his own jokes.

6 Likes

This was my favorite broadcasted match that I played. Neigutten had crushed me earlier in the season with Onimaru. I was using Zane. Raziek (hands down no. 1 Zane) talked about how difficult this match was. This made me more determined to play well.

I decided to play this match with no CP, just Oni vs. Zane. It was a very fun IYL round 1 playoff match. I got the win, but it would still rank highly for me even if I lost. Also, this is a subtle hint to bring back one of my favorite casters @neigutten.

Summary

- YouTube

5 Likes

Watch me get admonished by @mysticjuicer for about an hour for being a noob. Honestly, I learned a lot from his commentary. Way more pleasant than getting a coaching session from @MadKing IRL. But then again, I learned a lot from him too. mysticjuicer vs. FaceOnMars

5 Likes

For all my criticism, that set was extremely close!

3 Likes

I am… very partial to this video ;D

3 Likes

Aside from videos of myself (it’s not an ego thing it’s a learning thing!) I enjoy the one Jonny shared the most. MIIGGGOOOOOO

3 Likes

Rook vs the World has to be mentioned here. The most fun and learning I’ve gotten out of watching Yomi videos by far. MJ’s unbridled enthusiasm contributed a great deal towards that.

And on the memetic side of the spectrum, there’s this little gem: Yomi - BRD Matches Lateralus87 vs Dawph - YouTube

4 Likes

I have the pleasure of playing Blood Bowl with Lateralus (and also Dawph!)
It’s uhhhh what you expect.

But you not gonna mention my excellent jokes?

3 Likes

Heh yeah you were great - you and Juicer play off each other very well, lots of quotes of the game material.
Including the representative quote for the entire series: “Sixes? We block those! Aces? We reflect those! CMBs? We land those!”

3 Likes

“Rook straight? No! Jack-Eight?!? YA!”

3 Likes

I’m surprised you recall so quickly - that series was from five years ago!

1 Like