[Codex Puzzle] Insure ALL the things!

Just to be sure, this solution does account for how Insurance Agent works, right? It’s a little unclear to me how you’ve written it.

The details of managing gold and cards to not run out are left as an exercise.

That’s fine, as long as I have your assurance that everything that needs to be done is actually legal. I’m sure you’ve been thorough, but I don’t want anyone doing your “exercise” to be chasing a solution that isn’t possible.

Why does Geiger max band not work with insurance agent, but the likes of undo and second chances work?

You can use any of those three on an Insurance Agent who has already triggered to have it come into play again, and insure something new.

So to give an example, an Omegacron comes out of forecast at start of turn you play a Gigadon, then play 2 agents to insure it, get it killed somehow, and then use something to put them out of play and back into play so they can insure something else.

Omegacron is untargetable.

Then I don’t know why @EricF mentioned it as part of his solution. I only used it because he brought it up… Still, the principle is clear enough.

He uses it as a pretty cheap way to kill things to trigger insurance agent… Maybe.

1 Like

So under the current rules (Tech III allowed) a slightly modified form of my infinite Hyperions solution still works. Without Ebbflow Archon, I think @EricF’s is probably as good as you’re going to get.

I’m playing Law/Past/?. My opponent is ?/?/Future. They have an Omegacron in their discard.
I have Tech 2&3 Past, and a Law Tech Lab
My hand contains Community Service, Seer, 2 Insurance Agents, Rememberer
I have 19 gold. (You only need 15, but 19 makes the loop easier to write)

Tech Ebbflow Archon
Play Rememberer (3 runes) [14g]
Play Seer, removing a rune from Rememberer (2 runes) [13g], bringing Ebbflow Archon into play (8 runes)
Use Archon to bounce Seer (7 runes)
Summon Bigby [11g]
Play Community Service on Omegacron (6 runes) [6g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [5g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [4g]
– Start of Loop
Sacrifice Ebbflow Archon to Omegacron (5 runes) [20g, draw 2 cards]
Seer, removing a rune from Rememberer (1 runes), putting Ebbflow Archon into play from discard (8 runes) [19g]
Archon bounces both Agents and Seer (5 runes)
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [18g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [17g]
Seer, adding rune to Omegacron (6 runes) [16g]
Archon bounces Seer (4 runes)
Seer, adding rune to Rememberer (2 runes) [15g]
Archon bounces Seer (3 runes)
– Go to start of loop

Instead of getting Omegacron with community service in order to sac archon, you could just have a 0 cost unit like Overeager Cadet and kill Archon by bouncing and replaying it until it runs out of runes and fades out.

2 Likes

That makes it much simpler :slight_smile:
ETA: You actually probably can just play and bounce Seer, don’t even need the cadet

I’m playing Law/Past/?.
I have Tech 2&3 Past, and a Law Tech Lab
My hand contains Seer, Insurance Agent, and Rememberer
I have 14 gold.

Tech Ebbflow Archon
Play Rememberer (3 runes) [9g]
Play Seer, removing a rune from Rememberer (2 runes) [8g], bringing Ebbflow Archon into play (8 runes)
Use Archon to bounce Seer (7 runes)
Seer, adding a rune to Rememberer (3 runes) [7g]
Use Archon to bounce Seer (6 runes)
– Start of Loop
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [6g]
Play and bounce Seer 5 times (don’t trigger ability), Archon has 1 rune [1g]
Seer, adding rune to Rememberer (4 runes) [0g]
Archon bounces Seer (0 runes), dies due to Fading, insurance pays out [8g, draw a card]
Seer, removing a rune from Rememberer (3 runes), putting Ebbflow Archon into play from discard (8 runes) [7g]
Archon bounces Agent and Seer (6 runes)
– Go to start of loop

Does Fading count as Dying for the purposes of Insurance Agent? I would think not, but I could easily be wrong.

I think the answer is actually yes:

Fading X
Arrives with X time runes. Remove one each upkeep. When you remove the last, sacrifice this.

Sacrificing something in scavenger or technician gives their “Dies” bonuses (most often relevant when someone uses Sacrifice the Weak), so I don’t see why Fading wouldn’t trigger Insurance Agent’s ability.

1 Like