Codex official sleeves

I’m having a similar experience. The majority of sleeves are just large enough to hold the card, but I’ve had one box with sleeves too small to cover the whole card, and two boxes with sleeves that extend further past the card. I can feel the difference in these lengths, so it’s made honest shuffling more difficult.

Very disappointed. If I’d known that quality would be in question on these, I would have gone with a tried-and-true brand like Dragon Shield.

1 Like

I got in the one box of sleeves I ordered on Amazon. The rest that I pre-ordered from the Sirlin Games site are coming in tomorrow. I sleeved up one of my Codex binders and 2 starter decks, and luckily all the sleeves are cut well. I’ll see how the rest are when they arrive.

1 Like

Just received three boxes of sleeves (preordered, not KS) and tried them out. First box I opened was great. Second box I opened had sleeves that were slightly shorter than the cards - I tried about 20 of them at random and none of them were good. Third box was in-between - some sleeves were the proper length, but most juuuust barely covered the whole card (which is acceptable imo).

Here’s a picture. Left is from box 1, right is from box 2.

3 Likes

Hmm… sad to see the quality of the sleeves is so inconsistent.
Hope that I will end up enough with good ones to sleeve all the cards.

Since my shipment is not event on it’s way I imagine the return process to be quite the pain in the…

I’m sleeving up all of my cards as I type this. I’ve gone through about 3 boxes of sleeves so far. What’s interesting to note is that I don’t think it’s the CUT that’s causing these issues, but rather the SEAL between the clear half and the art half. It’s thicker on some sleeves, rather notably so in some cases, usually on the bottom (hence so many people having cards stick up).

I haven’t had any that I’ve had to stop and toss, but I’m also only about half done.

EDIT: Found a box where the majority of sleeves were cut too long on the art side.

1 Like

An update: I received an email from ship naked for the shipping label for the replacement sleeves. I did not receive any contact from them prior to this email so it feels out of the blue.

2 Likes