[Codex Meet Ups] Toronto, Canada

Thanks to everyone who came out! I have four or so videos to transfer, upload, and commentate! Looking forward to checking out the footage! Woohoo!

3 Likes

Best part about rewatching yourself on video seeing all your misplays and learning from them. The worst part of seeing yourself on video seeing all your misplays. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, and thanks again for lunch! The delicious A&W burger gave me the strength and energy I needed to be really good at Codex! :wink:

2 Likes

Lol anytime it was my pleasure! Wish @ap49 got there earlier he would have gotten lunch too =p

2 Likes

So the four matches I recorded and am in the process of commentating/uploading are:

• me (red) vs Matt (green)
  • me (white) vs @ap49 (blue)
  • me (white) vs @UTRALAW (purple)
  • @ap49 (demonology/strength/future) vs @UTRALAW (demonology/fire/balance)
1 Like

The ā€œshowing the camera your tech cardsā€ worked out pretty well, actually. Some minor issues with the sleeves reflecting light from the window that make it hard to make out some cards. So long as we angle the cards slightly, so theyā€™re not shown full-on to the camera, it should be fine. The cameraā€™s vantage point is actually good enough that you should be totally able to capture each playerā€™s hands, if they just tilt a little at the camera at the start of their turn!

I do need to see if I can get any additional height next time, because as it is both player boards just baaaaarely fit into frame. If I can also move the tripod and camera off the table, thatā€™ll get rid of the occasional blurring as the table gets bumped. But itā€™s a good start! :smile:

1 Like

oh manā€¦ok, next time Iā€™ll try to make it earlier :yum:

2 Likes

mysticjuicer (Red) vs Matt (Green)

3 Likes

Next Scheduled Meet Up Details

Where: 401 games in Toronto
When: Saturday, December 17th from noon until the shop closes

@ap49 @UTRALAW and anyone else that wants to play a bunch of Codex games! Unfortunately the timing this December is kind of limited: Iā€™m helping my parents move the 10th/11th, Christmas falls on the 24th/25th, and New Years is the 31st/1st. So hopefully this weekend works!

2 Likes

December 17th is fine i just have to leave by 6 pm because i have an Archery and Axe throwing event to go to :grin:

But will be there early to get my codex on! Also i hope Matt will be able to attend again this time around.

1 Like

With MUCH MUCH sadness i regret to say i will not be able to attend the meet up on December 17 as i have been summoned to work that day :cry:.

My only hope now is if someones ā€œember sparksā€ the store and it goes up in smoke. Otherwise like my boy Jefferson Degrey im stuck in ā€œjailā€

*Side note if anyone wants to meet up to play some Codex on a different day feel free to let me know. As long as the place is within driving distance to me im in! (Anything to feed that Codex addiction)

2 Likes

I donā€™t own any Codex, but am happy to learn and do own a full set of Yomi if anyone is also interested in that. I may be able to come by for a few hours, and Iā€™ll bring a few other board games as well. Cheers!

4 Likes

@mysticjuicer unfortunately Saturday is looking more and more unlikely. End of year rush at work is eating up all my time.

Things will ease up in January, so I should be available for the next meet-up.

Sorry about the timing of this reply. I thought I was going to eek out enough time for Saturday.

2 Likes

No worries! Thanks for letting me know!

Likewise, same kind of issues.

1 Like

Who ever ends up showing I hope ur able to at least record some more codex content the only other thing better than being there

1 Like

Yup! Matt is going to come, as well as my best friend, so it looks like if @CreationorControl shows up then weā€™ll have the mythical 4 players necessary to have two simultaneous matches going. Iā€™ll record (and later commentate) as many of those as I can!

Hoping to do a bunch on Sunday once my new computer is assembled, but I might need to use Sunday to make a couple trips to the recycling centre - too much garbage accumulating after moving my friend in, and the garbage guys not picking up my trash last week didnā€™t help! :rage:

1 Like

Yeah that just reminds me of that one year the city garbage man all went on strike and the streets were fill with trash and stuff not pretty indeed :confounded:

1 Like

Hey,

Sorry apparently Iā€™m supposed to go out of town this weekend to prepare for other things, so my bad for bailing on this. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to meet up in the new year, but have a good time.

Cheers

2 Likes

No worries! Hope to see you at the next one. :slight_smile: