[Casual] hito [Discipline]/Necromancy/Anarchy vs Dreamfire [Ninjutsu]/Feral/Anarchy

Good luck and have fun, @Dreamfire. Let me know if I did anything wrong w/r/t making the thread or using the template.

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Fox Viper
Fox Primus
Savior Monk
Sensei’s Advice
Morningstar Flagbearer

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer

NextHand

Safe Attacking
Aged Sensei
Grappling Hook
Smoker
Snapback

Discard

Fox Viper
Sensei’s Advice
Savior Monk

Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Fox Primus - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Fox Primus (2/2 +A, Frenzy 1, Anti-Air)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

Going to go pretty verbose in the thoughts section; partly because making myself articulate moves in advance should help shake off rust, and partly because folks postgame can address my thoughts and hopefully point out things I’ve missed.

Flagbearer is a pretty easy Worker - since Sensei’s Advice / Aged Sensei both specify friendly, Flagbearer doesn’t really do anything. To spend all of my gold, it’s pretty much Garth + Skeleton or Fox Primus. I actually really like Primus here. It can kill anything he plays (with grappling hook for 3hp heroes). Of course, there’s the argument that I’d rather float 1g, so I can do Grave + Aged Sensei (an excellent combo) next turn and still hit Tech 1. But I really like the Fox Primus being able to kill Heroes when I use Grappling Hook. Making naked hero plays worse is really valuable, because it means that bad hands my opponent draws have more impact (since heroes are sort of “bad beat insurance”).

My worst case scenario here is that he plays only a Viper/Savior, meaning I either trade evenly (having spent one extra gold) or hold back and keep the game passive (which favors player 2). Safe Attacking makes the trades free (unless they patrol in Elite), but Hero + Safe Attacking + Worker means no Tech I building, so it’d be a risky option. Athough having said that, I see a line where I do it, tech in double Reversal, and just go for big beats early. So yeah, I think I like spending everything and not floating the gold. I think missing Tech 1 wouldn’t be devastating given the power of Reversal, and having a T2 where I end with Fox Primus and Grave against his empty board would be pretty scary.

2 Likes

The turn looks good. GL HF!

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Safe Attacking
Snapback
Savior Monk
Morningstar Flagbearer
Fox Primus

WORKERS
Safe Attacking

NextHand

Fox Viper
Sensei’s Advice
Grappling Hook
Aged Sensei
Smoker

Discard

Fox Primus
Snapback
Morningstar Flagbearer

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Savior Monk - ($2)
Calamandra - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite: Savior Monk (3/2)

In Play:

• Calamandra lvl 1 (2/3)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

Gold:

• Workers: 6
Thoughts

I have to play Cal in the backline, for fear of Grappling Hook. And Monk goes in Elite, in case hito plays Safe Attacking.
I’m keeping Primus in the deck because I want to try some Ninja synergies, and Flagbearer as an answer to Doom Grasp. That only leaves Safe Attacking as a worker.

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Chaos Mirror
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Safe Attacking
Smoker
Snapback
Grappling Hook
Aged Sensei

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker

NextHand

Snapback
Chaos Mirror
Sensei’s Advice

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Grave Stormborne - ($2)
Research Safe Attacking - ($1)
Use Grappling Hook to move Savior Monk to Lookout
Fox Primus safely kills Savior Monk
Aged Sensei - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: L1 Grave Stormborne (2/3+A, Sparkshot)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Aged Sensei (1/1)

In Play:

• Fox Primus (2/2 -1, Frenzy 1, Anti-Air)
  • Safe Attacking

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

Thoughts

So I had what I thought was a good turn, but turns out I forgot that suiciding Zane levels Calamandra. So this is a do-over at taking the turn. Let’s look at what options I have left (all lines presume worker):

Line A: Play Grave, Grappling Hook the Savior Monk to Lookout, Safe Attacking, Fox Primus safely kills the Savior Monk, Aged Sensei, Grave patrolls in SQL. To kill Grave, Dreamfire needs to pay for Midband and also pay for the off-color Grappling Hook. That means he’s either missing his Tech I, or he’s not playing any units (in which case, Sensei’s Advice + Primus + Aged Sensei gets a kill and two levels for whatever hero I played). But Tech I isn’t that important with Calamandra maxband, and a world where he gets maxband Calamandra AND has a patroller is kind of scary. But wait, he couldn’t afford Flagbearer or Primus in that line, so it’s either Viper, Smoker, or Sensei, all of whom have 1 defense and Zane can kill even in SQL. So as long as I draw Sensei’s Advice, it works out…but I go down to 1 card in this line, so it’s 3 cards in 6. It’s a coinflip, and Snapback isn’t really an out (Grave will be on CD, so needing a hero where Snapback is off color means I have to skip worker to play it. I guess maybe maxband Calamandra is bad enough that I’d do it, but not feel good about it.)

Line A2: As A1, but Aged Sensei patrols in Scav or Tech and Grave sits on the sidelines. Now, Calamandra needs to midband and discard two cards to kill Grave, but doesn’t require the grappling hook.I think this is probably worse, funny enough. While in the normal scheme of things, making them spend 1g is less impactful than making them spend a card (1 card is the correct comparison, not 2, because Grappling Hook is a card), the gold pinch is kind of criticial here and of course there’s the chance that they just don’t have Grappling Hook (in which case line A1 is really good). Going really low on cards doesn’t really matter when Calamandra maxbands, and this gives one more precious gold for Dreamfire to mount a defense.

Line B: Fox Primus trades with Savior Monk, Aged Sensei and Smoker into Scav/Tech slots, Tech I. Basically the line where we don’t give Calamandra a hero to kill, so maxbanding requires a full investment of 4g. When we get the Tech 1, it also makes the Calamandra maxband less scary because we can tech in Hooded Executioners and stymie his plan to play few but powerful units. I don’t really like how this puts me behind on the board when I’m player 1, though.

Line C: Play Aged Sensei and Smoker, Fox Primus to SQL, Aged Sensei to Elite, Smoker to Scavenger, Tech I. He has to midband Calamandra to kill Fox Primus (or use off-color Grappling hook). In either case, he either pays two MORE to level up, or Calamandra is limping around injured. If he has off-color grapple, he can choose to return Smoker to my hand or kill Sensei.

I think it’s not B. I either want the big play where I get the free trade (but at risk of danger on the next turn), or go fully conservative and lean on the patrol zone bonuses. Let me pretend he has the grappling hook and the worst case draw (probably Viper). So Calamandra is maxbanded, and there’s a Fox Viper in SQL. Primus with Sensei does get a free kill… and then I can just do Tech 1 and build up some other force. But if I don’t draw my Tech I unit turn 4, the Predator tiger could just eat my workers and that’s basically gg. The world where he maxbands Calamandra but also plays Tech I is not scary, because Primus + Zane can just kill the Tech I.

Whereas in C…he can have Calamandra and the Savior alive, and Savior heals them yeah okay that’s rough as hell. So I guess I’m doing the flashy, kind of risky Line A after all.

For tech, I think I’ll discount the scenario where Grave is left alive. If Grave lives, I don’t really need to rely on my Tech choices to be in a good spot. I can just spend my money leveling Grave and building Tech I. If I do tech I units, they’re a dead draw if I get them in my first 3 in 7. For somethign playable next turn, it needs to be Garth or Zane spells. There’s an arguement that I risk the dead draw just to give myself a better chance of playing Tech I units on turn 4 in case he does a T3 Predator Tiger. But if I do Nether Drain, he needs to maxband again, either spending 2 or finding a way to kill Garth.

Chaos Mirror is actually a really interesting out, come to think of it. Because of Frenzy 1, Fox Primus swapped with Calamandra can kill maxband Calamandra all by herself. Actually if Sensei buffs it’s even a safe kill. Line A and teching in double Chaos Mirror might be the way to go. Yeah, let’s do it, this seems correct. Since I’m so down on cards, commiting to not building Tech 1 next turn either is not that bad.

Zane’s death gave 2 free levels to Calamandra, so she’s now a 3/4 instead of a 2/3.

1 Like

Oh nuts, I forgot about leveling happening in other turns. Mind if I scrub that turn and do it differently, DreamFire? (I knew I’d miss something coming back after so long, but was hoping it’d take longer than T2 for it to happen…)

1 Like

It’s OK, it happens to everyone! I’m sure he’ll be fine with you using Revision History to go back, especially since that’s how tournaments handle this kind of issue. As long as you’re drawing a new hand instead of keeping the old one there shouldn’t be any problems.

1 Like

Okay, new turn submitted, and new hand drawn. I used the edit function so spectators can see the old turn, but please don’t click that edit button right now, Dreamfire, or you’ll see my tech. :slight_smile: (But the quote from Hobusu is enough to show you the mistake I made.) Sorry for the hassle!

2 Likes

As Hobusu said, don’t worry about it, these mistakes happen all the time.

P2T2

TECH
Inverse Power Ninja
Gunpoint Taxman

STARTING HAND
Grappling Hook
Smoker
Aged Sensei
Fox Viper
Sensei’s Advice

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Smoker

NextHand

Snapback
Sensei’s Advice
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook
Savior Monk

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Tech 1 - ($3)
Grappling Hook Grave to lookout, paying off-color tax - ($2)
Calamandra to midband - ($0)
Calamandra kills Grave and maxbands

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

In Play:

• Calamandra lvl 5 (4/5)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech I HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 7
Thoughts

hito could retaliate with Sensei’s Advice, but I’ll gamble that it’s not in that small hand.

1 Like

Tech I’s? We don’t need no stinkin’ Tech I’s…

P1T3

TECH
Hooded Executioner
Rambasa Twin

STARTING HAND
Sensei’s Advice
Chaos Mirror
Snapback

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Sensei’s Advice

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Fox Viper
Savior Monk

Discard

Chaos Mirror
Snapback
Hooded Executioner
Rambasa Twin

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Summon Captain Zane - ($3)
Chaos Mirror swaps Fox Primus’s printed 2 ATK with Calamandra’s printed 4 ATK.- ($1)
Sensei advises Primus on how to properly avenge Grave Stormborne.
Fox Primus attacks Calamandra, killing her (4 ATK + 1 ATK from Sensei + 1 ATK from Frenzy 1). Fox Primus has 2 armor (one from Sensei and one from Safe Attacking) and so takes no damage.

Float ($1)
Discard 1, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: L3 Captain Zane (2/2+A)

In Play:

• Safe Attacking
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 4

Gold:

• Gold: 1
Thoughts

Well, no complicated hashing out of the lines this time. I was smart enough to pick the Mirror and lucky enough to draw it. So swap Calamandra and Primus, and use the Sensei so Primus doesn’t die attacking. The only question is whether I’d rather have Zane ping Tech I for 2, or have Zane defend the Aged Sensei from an attack by DreamFire’s Zane. On the one hand, it makes breaking through much easier to get the hit in now; on the other, Sensei is a great body for my other Chaos Mirror and I’d really rather he stay alive. I think Zane on defense is probably the smarter play - I’m going to have a very strong board, so I just need to make sure I keep it.

So I get an amazing board state, but in return Dreamfire gets to fire off Tech I’s at me I have to respond with Tech 0’s to. What’s the damage? Fuzz Cuddles and Calypso Vystari are both really unsuited for their situation - you want them when you have the stronger board, not the weaker. Inverse Power Ninja is the strongest given this board state. The other three - taxman, huntress, centaur - are strong but managable. There’s also the super-awesome possibility they teched in Feral Strike and have a dead draw now.

What does this mean I should tech in? Surprise Attack is not a terrible option, given the pressure I’m trying to exert. But since I have two Chaos Mirrors, I think that also having Surprise Attack gives me too many dead draws if Zane dies (especially because he’s kind of intended to die and come back, not stick around all game). Executioner is good for the same reason I mentioned earlier - if Dreamfire tries to get out of this hole by rushing Tech II and beating me with few but strong units, Executioner is a great clear. Do I just go in for two of them? Nah; Rambasa Twin is generally better than Executioner, and I can decide if I want a second or not when I see what Dreamfire does.

1 Like

P2T3

TECH
Steam Tank
Marauder

STARTING HAND
Snapback
Savior Monk
Sensei’s Advice
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Smoker
Fox Viper

NextHand

Fox Primus
Gunpoint Taxman
Inverse Power Ninja
Aged Sensei
Morningstar Flagbearer

Discard

Grappling Hook
Sensei’s Advice
Snapback
Steam Tank
Marauder

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Tech 2 (Anarchy) - ($2)
Savior Monk - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psfist: Elite: Savior Monk (3/2)

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Anarchy)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Disc: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 8
Thoughts

Whiff my teched cards is a bummer. As it is, I think the best use of my gold is just teching up. And since I’m already way ahead on tech, I’ll go with Anarchy.

P1T5

TECH
Bone Collector
Sparring Partner

STARTING HAND
Chaos Mirror
Fox Viper
Savior Monk

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Sensei’s Advice
Fox Viper

NextHand

Rambasa Twin
Sparring Partner
Bone Collector
Chaos Mirror

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Aged Sensei attacks Savior Monk, dealing one damage and dying
Zane maxbands, pushes Savior Monk to Technician, killing him ($4)

• You draw a card, forcing a reshuffle of your deck prior to your T4 tech
  • I draw the last card in my deck.
Technician Draw

Grappling Hook

Zane and Fox Primus join forces to kill your Tech II building. Your base to 18.
Savior Monk - ($2)
Build Tech I, paying multicolor tax - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Savior Monk (2/2+A)

In Play:

• Safe Attacking
  • L6 Captain Zane (4/4)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 4

Gold:

Thoughts

That Tech II is interesting. I did suspect they were going to rush Tech II…but I figured it’d be next turn to correspond with the orbit. They only have two teched cards. The possibilities are either a.) on turn 2 - the turn when they killed Grave and maxbanded Calamandra - they decided to tech in Tech II Anarchy units, or b.) they teched in Tech I units, didn’t draw em, and so are using the Tech II as an offering so I DON’T blow up Tech I (when they know they’re drawing into the stuff they teched).

B seems a lot more likely to me, so you’d think this means I should kill Tech I this turn. But there’s another wrinkle to this. Check out this line: Sensei attacks Savior, Zane maxbands and pushes Savior to technician, killing it. If I do that, Dreamfire is forced to reshuffle BEFORE tech. This hurts draw quality pretty flippin bad, since any good cards in hand now AND their T4 techs won’t be options to draw T5. BUT we’re assuming they teched in 2 Anarchy Tech II’s in Turn 3, so doing this reshuffle means we absolutely do need to blow up that Tech II.

And I think it’s the right move. When behind, reduce variance; and this ensures no blowouts from Anarchy II units. Killing the Tech I is a really strong play if I was right, but there’s just no need to gamble. So now the question is whether it’s worth Chaos Mirror (2g + card) to save the life of the Sensei. Oh wait, even with mirror, we hit a timing issue where we have to move Savior to Tech for Safe Attacking to be enough to save Sensei’s life, but Zane needs the killing blow for the +draw, which is clearly more important. Okay, so far we’re locked in to worker, Zane maxband, and Tech I, for a total of 6g. With the remaining 2g, Savor Monk seems like an easy decision, since healing the Fox Primus means she can attack into 2ATK enemies and live with Safe Attacking. So all that’s left is worker choice and tech. Grappling Hook and Fox Viper both feel expendable - but I think I’ll worker the Viper

So all that’s left is teching. Not so hot on Executioners now - they aren’t nearly so good against Tech II’s with haste, since they’re getting some of their value right away. Think I’ll just do Bone Collector and Sparring Partner so I have a nice mix of costs coming down the pipe.

Looks like your turn number jumped up for some reason.

P2T4

TECH
Pirate Gunship
Pirate Gunship

STARTING HAND
Fox Primus
Gunpoint Taxman
Morningstar Flagbearer
Inverse Power Ninja
Aged Sensei
Sensei’s Advice

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Smoker
Fox Viper
Fox Primus

NextHand

Marauder
Steam Tank
Sensei’s Advice
Snapback
Grappling Hook

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Reshuffle and draw before teching new cards
Rebuild tech 2
Worker - ($7)
Inverse Power Ninja - ($4)
Gunpoint Taxman - ($2)
Calamandra - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psfist: Elite: Gunpoint Taxman (4/3)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Inverse Power Ninja (4/4)

In Play:

• Calamandra lvl 1 (2/3)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Anarchy)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 9
Thoughts

Tech 2 worked as bait. Now it’s time to drop some bodies and rush to Gunships.

P1T5

TECH
Marauder
Disguised Monkey

STARTING HAND
Rambasa Twin
Chaos Mirror
Bone Collector
Sparring Partner

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Sensei’s Advice
Fox Viper

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Hooded Executioner

Discard

Chaos Mirror
Marauder
Disguised Monkey

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Savior Monk heals Fox Primus
Chaos Mirror swaps Inverse Power Ninja (6 ATK) and Savior Monk (2 ATK) - ($6)
Captain Zane kills the Inverse Power Ninja. He takes no damage (2-2 = 0). We each gain 1 gold. - ($7)
Fox Primus trades with Gunpoint Taxman.
Savior Monk kills Tech II. Your base to 16.
Rambasa Twin - ($3)
Sparring Partner - ($2)
Bone Collector - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 0, draw 2

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Bone Collector (3/3+A)
  • :pschip: Technician: Rambasa Twin A (3/2)

In Play:

• Savior Monk (2/2, Healing 1)
  • Safe Attacking
  • L6 Captain Zane (4/4)
  • Rambasa Twin B (3/2)
  • Sparring Partner (2/2)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 2
  • Deck: 2

Gold:

Thoughts

Hmm. Slightly sad that I called it re: DreamFire having two Tech I’s in this hand and then talked myself into messing with their orbits instead of calling bluff and killing Tech I. Well, it feels worse this turn, but it should feel better next turn.

The one move I think I always take is Chaos Mirror Inverse Power Ninja and Savior Monk. IPN is an amazing Mirror target because the person I feed it to gets the 6 power and the ninja will go down to basically zero. So then the question is, what do I want to kill besides the patrollers?

Line A - Kill Tech II: Fox Primus trades with Taxman. Zane kills Inverse Power Ninja, takes no damage, $1 from scav. Savior Monk kills Tech II. I end with Monk and L6 Zane vs. Calamandra.

Line B - Kill Calamandra: Savior Monk trades with Taxman, Zane kills Inverse Power Ninja, takes no damage, $1 from scav. Fox Primus kills Calamandra, and survives thanks to Safe Attacking. Levels fizzle. (For me to get value from the levels I have to trade in my entire team, which is Not A Great Idea.)

Well, I’d rather have the Primus than the Savior, but I think killing Tech II is smarter than killing Calamandra. The whole terrifying “she can stealth and kill your hero dead!” is a lot less intimidating when Zane is a 4/4, since she’d have to be maxband to do it anyway. So let’s do Line A. Well, but hang on, Boosted Murkwood Allies would also be a bit of a pain here. Would that be worse than Tech II units? I guess maybe but come to think of it, letting DreamFire start the Tech III is even worse than that, so yeah, just Line A.

What to play here? I’ll have 7g and 3 cards. Surplus is honestly tempting with how bad I’ve been on cards this game, but if I ever CAN’T kill this Tech II I’ll want the Tower. Maybe I just play everything and go for the throat right here and now? Seems like the play. It’s REALLY strong unless DreamFire drops the boosted Murkwood Allies, and even if they do I still think it’s smarter to clear away the weeds so I can kill the Tech III the following turn.

I was kind of thinking Discipline for this game, but now I’m going to match Anarchy Tech II. The main path to losing I have now is Dreamfire managing to stall long enough to get Gunship out. So one more haste creature to destroy Tech III could make all the difference.

1 Like

I’m gonna fold it right here, GG WP!

If you’d like to run it back, I’ll post P1T1 in a bit.

1 Like

Sure! I’m not totally sure how much I like Necromancy in this setup, but I think it’s probably better on the draw here, so running it back would be nice.

GL HF!

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Smoker
Morningstar Flagbearer
Sensei’s Advice
Aged Sensei
Safe Attacking

WORKERS
Smoker

NextHand

Fox Viper
Grappling Hook
Snapback
Fox Primus
Savior Monk

Discard

Morningstar Flagbearer
Safe Attacking
Sensei’s Advice

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Calamandra - ($1)
Aged Sensei - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Calamandra lvl 1 (2/3A)

In Play:

• Aged Sensei (1/1)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

Gold:

• Workers: 5
Thoughts

Cal+Sensei is a no-brainer. Workering Smoker cause I still think that Flagbearer might have a use in this match.

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Snapback
Savior Monk
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook
Fox Primus

WORKERS
Fox Primus

NextHand

Sensei’s Advice
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Safe Attacking

Discard

Grappling Hook
Snapback

Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Savior Monk - ($2)
Fox Viper - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Savior Monk (2/2+A), Healing 1
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Fox Viper (2/1), Sparkshot

In Play:

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 2

Gold:

Thoughts

Well, good opening from Dreamfire - that Calamandra threatens me out of wanting to play heroes. Lucky, I drew the only two 2-costers in my deck, so it’s not so bad. (Part of why I have Garth is to have another “3-cost” early option given the many 1-cost cards in white starter.) Unfortunately, unlike last game where I was constantly swinging, I have to think a lot harder about patrols as P2. :frowning:

It probably makes the most sense to put Savior in SQL. Then at least Calamandra has to midband or get Sensei buffed to get the kill. And then Viper in tech so at least I’m back on 5 cards if she dies. Although actually, I think money is more important than cards here. As soon as I make enough scratch, I can get a tower and then Garth can chump block Calamandra.

If Calamandra midbands to kill Savior and Aged Sensei trades with Viper, Dreamfire has to choose between tech I (in which case, with no defenders, I can suicide Zane to “trade up” with a midband) or getting a unit (in which case, I’ll have tech advantage and just need to stall). If Calamandra uses the Sensei buff to kill, there can still be a unit, but I’ll have my Viper and 4/5ths chance access to Sensei’s Advice. Either way this should be doable.

P1T2

TECH
Gunpoint Taxman
Centaur

STARTING HAND
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Savior Monk
Grappling Hook
Snapback

WORKERS
Smoker
Fox Viper

NextHand

Gunpoint Taxman
Safe Attacking
Grappling Hook
Sensei’s Advice
Fox Primus

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Exhaust Sensei to buff Calamandra
Calamandra kills Savior Monk, takes 1 damage through armor
Tech 1 - ($2)
Savior Monk - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Savior Monk (2/2A)

In Play:

• Calamandra lvl 1 (2/2)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3

Gold:

Thoughts

hito could kill Cal by midbanding Zane, but that delays tech 1 so I’ll risk it.

Might be spotty access the next couple of days - traveling to a riding farm, not sure if there’s wifi :slight_smile:

P2T2

TECH
Lich’s Bargain
Rambasa Twin

STARTING HAND
Morningstar Flagbearer
Sensei’s Advice
Safe Attacking
Smoker

WORKERS
Fox Primus
Smoker

NextHand

Lich’s Bargain
Safe Attacking
Snapback
Grappling Hook
Aged Sensei

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Tech II - ($3)
Tower - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Fox Viper (2/1+A), Sparkshot

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Tower HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3

Gold:

Thoughts

I want a tower to deal with Calamandra stealth, and this is the time. If Dreamfire midbands Calamandra, it’s enough to kill either the Tech I or Tower - but that’s actually fine. If the Tower dies, it got to roleplay as a unit that didn’t cost me a card. If Tech I dies, I still have the Tower next turn to recover.

Issue is what to tech, with the threat of me losing Tech I. But if I lose Tech I, I still have Tower, in which case Garth is a lot more feasible (since Calamandra can’t stealth-kill.) Maybe split the difference between one Tech I unit and Lich’s Bargain (if Tech I dies, it means Tower is standing, so the Bargain becomes really good.) Hard to pick between Executioner (kill that damn Sensei so my tower can finish folks off) and Rambasa Twin (value train!) I guess forcing two attacks into my patrol zone via the Twin is better in the event that he lets both Tech I AND Tower stand in favor of just playing big units.

Uhh, for Tech II read Tech I. >>